Search for content in message boards

willson Lamb

willson Lamb

Posted: 30 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jul 2001 2:55PM GMT
Surnames: Lamb Willson families
There is a three book set of Goodland history in the Sherman County library. I was wondering if there is a page for the Lamb family. Thank you for any help that you might give me

Sherman County and Family History

Posted: 2 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Apr 2002 10:40PM GMT
Surnames: LAMB, WILLSON
Marianne, I tried to respond to your query in another spot. Maybe you haven't checked it lately. The George and Mary (Lamb) Willson family is included in the Sherman Co. and Family History Vol.1:287-288, by Maude Adamson Willson. It mentions that George married Mary Cyenda on 21 December, 1898, and that Mary was the daughter of James M. Lamb. There is a photo of George and Mary with their young family. I have emailed with a grandson, Reed, who is now deceased. He shared a lot of information and pictures. I would be happy to share. P.S. these books are also for sale on the Sherman Co. website. I bought them and am very pleased with their quality.

Sherman Co & Family History

JEN (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: LAMB, WILLSON
I have a new address.

spelled address wrong

Posted: 31 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 4:24PM GMT
Surnames: Lamb, Willson, Collier, Brechner
address should have qwest.net with a "w". Will look up names in Sherman Co. and Family History if specific names

Re: Sherman County and Family History

Maggie COUGLAN (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2001 5:47AM GMT
Helo:I was wonering if you had a Elizabeth(Libbie) WILSON born in 1842 in this WILSON family on Goodland you mentioned. Shw was born in INdiana, married in Iowa to Joseph WARREN, lived in Missouri for awhile then went to Goodland where she died in 1898. they had 4 sons, James, William, Jesse and Joseph Alpha WARREN. thanks....Maggie

Re: Warren in Sherman County and Family History

Jen (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2001 8:56PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson, Warren, Frerichs, Babbitt, Bennett, VanHook
I am so sorry it took so long to reply. I did not receive any notice that anyone had replied. There is a difference in spelling of the Wilson and Willson of which I referred to in the previous reply. I did not find any reference to the Elizabeth Wilson Warren in the History Volumes. I did find her in the Cemetery Records book, and sons James S. and Wm H. Warren in the Marriage records book 1886-1923 (all published by Sherman Co. Historical Society, Goodland, KS.
Elizabeth Warren, b. 1842, d. 18 Mar 1898, block 2, row 10, Goodland City Cem., Site 1, p 98.
Warren, James S. 20, & Emma L. VanHook 15, [md by] H.S. Rulon, 25 Dec 1889
Warren, Wm. H. 21, & Margeritta Bennett 17, [md by] WA Umbarger, Oct 13, 1892,
both entries on p. 63. Also listed is Warren, Harold H., age 24, & Bessie M. Babbitt 16, [md by] Al Roth, Feb 8, 1921.
There are some more Wilson's listed in the Cemetery Records book, but none as old as Elizabeth, and none in the same block. Martin b. 1869 & Lizzie (Frerichs) Wilson are in block 3,row 2.

Re: Warren in Sherman County and Family History

Posted: 26 Feb 2002 5:48AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jul 2002 11:27PM GMT
Surnames: WISON WARREN
Jen:
I never check these bards either. can you just e-mail me at sevensent@aol.com? Is there a funeral home listed where Elizabeth was? im still trying to find her parents.You hd mentioned a church she haad been involved i think it was i the obit info you sent mealong tme ago(before my old computer crashed). can you thik of ay other info that may be available that would list he parets? thank you maggie

Re: Sherman County and Family History

Posted: 18 Feb 2007 11:09PM GMT
Hi Maggie, I am looking for the parents of a
James Sherman Warren born in Kansas Mar 1 1882 but census says about 1890. Anyhow, His father "a Warren" was born in Indiana. I see a possible connection with Joseph Warren's son James.... Please let me know if you see anything??
I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
Sincerely, Kenndra Warren
Email:
marshaandkenndratwins@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions