Search for content in message boards

Blackstock Family (Georgia)

Blackstock Family (Georgia)

Posted: 3 Sep 2005 1:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for any information about William K. Blackstock that was born July, 1858 and married Josephine Gary or Gray. W.K.'s parents were Joseph Jackson Blackstock and Celeste Elvira. Bennie D. Blackstock and Barney B. Blackstock are sons of W.K. and Josephine. Barney was my husband's grandfather. Barney was born on October 24, 1898 in DeKalb County, GA and died July 9, 1935 in Fulton County, GA. Barney was married to Flossie Archibald and they had 2 children, Norman Jean Blackstock (my husband's father) and Patricia Lynn Blackstock and both are deceased. Any information about the family would be appreciated.

Re: Blackstock Family (Georgia)

Emily Blackstock Simpson (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2005 9:03PM GMT
Kendred Blackstock and his second wife, Elizabeth Cook, are the parents of Joseph Jackson Blackstock. Kendred's first wife was Mary Langston. Kendred lived in the Atlanta area. Kendred ( b. 1800, d. 29 May 1876, Atlanta GA) is buried in the Oakland Cemetery, Atlanta.
First marriage was on 4 Oct. 1820, Jackson Co., GA. Second marriage was on 31 Dec. 1929 in Fayette Co., GA. Elizabetn Cook was b. about 1812-1815 and d. 1878 or after. This information is in the "Clan Blackstock" book.

Posted: 28 Sep 2005 3:40AM GMT
Thank you for the information. I really appreciate it. If you need information about Joseph's grandson, Barney B., from William Kindred, please let me know. Barney was my husband's grandfather and even though he did not know him, Barney had a son named Norman Jean and a daughter, Patricia Lynn. Norman is my husband's father. The Clan Blackstock book is still one I need to purchase. Thank you!

Posted: 16 Feb 2006 11:39PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson, Silver, Smith, Gilstrap, Maxwell, Durham. McGaha, Henderson, Thompson
Were they related to the Blackstocks of Rome, Floyd Co Ga.? My gg aunt Cordelia Anne Wilson b. 1874, Gilmer Co Ga.. married Charles Blackstock in this county. They had a daughter Myrtle.
Would love to find someone in this particular family to share information. Thanks

Billy F. Blackstock (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2006 3:53AM GMT
I have a Charles "Charlie" Blackstock that was married to a Cordelia A. Moore on 31 Dec 1893 in Floyd County Ga. It looks like birthdates are same. Charles was born 23 Nov 1868 and died 24 Dec 1957. He is buried in Floyd County, Ga. He was the son of John Hery Blackstock (1840-1917) and Millie Elizabeth Blackstock (1846-1928) . She is also buried in Floyd County, Ga. They had three children:
Myrtle (14 Mar 1895-3 mar 1971)
James Oliver 25 Dec 1913-2 Jun 1969)
Charles Blackstock , Jr 15 Sep 1914-24 May 1918, He is buried also in Floyd, Ga in Myrtle Hill Cem.

If these people are connected to you, I could possibly give you more info.

Billy F. Blackstock (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2006 3:56AM GMT
Opps!! I posted a mispelled name in my last post. Charles "Charlie" Blackstock was the son of John Henry Blackstock.

Posted: 24 Aug 2006 6:39PM GMT
If in your travles, if you run across a Lottie Irene Blackstock born on norma Ga. please let me know.

Roy Karl (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2006 3:27AM GMT
Surnames: Blackstock
It appears Lottie Irene Blackstock was a daughter of Clifford Lavigor and his first wife, Etta Elizabeth Buice. Lottie b. Dec 16, 1920, m. first to a Mr. Dease and second to Preston A. Ausley, Jr. . lived in Orlando, Fl..
She had 3 known children.
1. Irene Elizabeth Dease b. Sept 9, 1937
2. Pamela Ann Auseley, III b. Nov 30, 1944
3. Preston Alexander Auseley, III b. Oct 13, 1946
Clifford "Cliff" had 10 children and was a son of Newton L. "Pat" Blackstock, (tombstone shows 1867-19360 at Pleasant Grove Ch. cemetery - Owensboro, Ga.
Newton was a son of Wilson Newton Blackstock & Mahulda J. Strickland. Wilson (Rev.) was a son of William Blackstock and Hanna Wright (Wm. & Hannah are buried in the Cummings, Ga. cemetery. This William is believed to be a son of James Sr. who is a son of William Blackstock from Ireland.

Preston Ausley (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2006 5:42PM GMT
Thank you very much for your reply. I had the information you gave, but was hoping to link my mother back to someone on the Dawes Roll Or Harris Rolls
Again, thank you for your time

Sherri (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2006 2:00AM GMT
Preston, I just started researching Kristin's indian heritage.Get in touch with me.maybe together we would be able to get more info Sheri Clausell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic