Search for content in message boards

trying to find my German Pohl relatives

trying to find my German Pohl relatives

Posted: 5 Nov 2002 9:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Nov 2002 10:43AM GMT
I am currently living in Wiesbaden, Germany., and am looking for my ancestory. My great grandfather was Albert Emil Pohl B. 4/18/1858 in Ratzebrug, Prussia, Pommerin Province. (Now called the Schleswig Holstein Province). My married name is Giagni. Albert Emil Pohl was married to Anna Henrietta Behlke and had 7 children. They settled in Michigan City, Indiana.

Re: trying to find my German Pohl relatives

Virginia Prenger (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2003 5:57PM GMT
Surnames: KRUMMEN & POHL
I have an Anna Helena POHL, married to Bernard Heinrich KRUMMEN: children, Herman Bernard married Euphemina Elizabeth WOLKEN, Johann Henry, and Marie married to a BRINKAMN. The KRUMMENs came from Bawinkel, Germany. The POHL might have came from there also. Would like to find out more about these people.

Posted: 9 Jun 2004 1:42AM GMT
Hi Jane,
1900 Albert E. Pohl was living at #116 Francisco Street, michigan City, Indianna. Married 20 years and worked as a Laborer at car works. He was born april 1859 in Germany and immigrated in 1879. Wife annie born November 1860 in Germany. Birthed 10 kids-6 living as of 1900. She immigrated in 1873.
Daughter- Annie S. born May 1889 in New Jersey
son-Otto S. born april 1891 in new Jersey
son-Emil A. born February 1895 in N.J.
son-Edward E. born July 1897 in N.J.
daughter-Sadie born October 1898 in N.J.

in 1910 they had another daughter-Lena age 6 born in Indianna . Hope this helps you in some way.
regards,
Debi Z

Bruce Pohl (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2005 8:05PM GMT
Deb,
Might you have any additional information on any Pohl's from New Jersey. I think your response on June 8, 2004 described what might be my grandfather's brother Albert and his children. Any info. on Theodore Pohl?? Much Thanks!!

Posted: 24 Oct 2005 10:22PM GMT
Was Theodore's wife Sophia ??? If so i have some info. Can I e-mail it to you at your home address?
Regards,
Debi

Bruce Pohl (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2005 11:18PM GMT
Debi,

Yes, please do. Sophia is somehow related but I'm not exactly sure how.

Thanks!

Posted: 1 Nov 2005 7:30AM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2006 12:26AM GMT
Surnames: Pohl
Give me some more information on Theodore Pohl--I have 2 of them in my family.

Bruce Pohl (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2005 3:02PM GMT
I pretty sure Theodore Pohl Sr. was Albert Pohl's older brother. They both lived in Oxford NJ.(Warren County) for a time before Albert moved out to Indiana around 1900. Theodore Sr. was married twice and appears to have temporarily moved to Indianna in around 1918 -1919 where he died. Theodore Jr. was my grandfather who stayed in NJ.

I don't have any info. on their (Albert & Theodore Sr.) arrival to the U.S. -- do you? I'd like to eventually see where they originated in Germany if that's possible.

Posted: 2 Nov 2005 6:41AM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2006 12:26AM GMT
Surnames: Pohl
We are not researching the same Theodore--My Theodore is a 3rd Generation American--His Great Great Grandfather Frederick came from Schesweg Holstein, Germany (Originally Part of Prussia). I am looking for information on Frederick--lived in Ames Iowa 1880's-1905

Good luck on your search

Posted: 3 Jan 2010 7:03PM GMT
Albert Emil Pohl is my great grand father. I would like to find more out about the German connection. I am working on a tree but can't find anything once i get ot the relatives from Germany.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions