Search for content in message boards

Jacob M Prisock

Jacob M Prisock

Posted: 30 Sep 2008 3:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Prisock
I am looking for any information on Jacob M Prisock born in Alabama in 1834. He had a son named James Buchanan Prisock born in 1862. Any help or information would be wonderful!

Re: Jacob M Prisock

Posted: 1 Oct 2008 11:58PM GMT
He had two full brothers named:
George W. Prisock born Dec. 1825 in South Carolina
Isiah David Prisock born about 1832 in South Carolina

Jacob also had eight half brothers and sisters from his Father's 2nd marriage.

Jacob married Lavinia M. A. "Viney" Livingston November 17, 1853 in Greene County (now Hale County) Alabama.

Would you like me to e-mail you directly?

Posted: 2 Oct 2008 12:20AM GMT
Thank you so much. I would love to talk with you more. My email is MaryGoldman@gmail.com,

Posted: 5 Oct 2009 4:51AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Prisock, Livingston, White
I came across your post via google search. I am looking for information on Martha A Prisock (my great great grandmother)
born Feb 6, 1858, or 1859
died Mar 21, 1943
Never married
Buried Betheden Lutheran Church cemetery,
Louisville, Winston Cty, MS

She was the oldest daughter of Jacob M. Prisock -
(my great great great grandfather)
but by my notes Jacob M. Prisock was born in 1831 in South Carolina (not Alabama). He moved to Greene County, AL and married Lavinia M. A. (Viney) Livingston (born 1830 in SC) on Nov 17, 1853, and eventually lived in Winston County (Louisville?), MS.

My notes say Martha A Prisock never married, but had a son named William Thomas Prisock. Was my great-grandfather illegitimate?

Any information you have on these individuals is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Teresa (Felch) Graffeo,
daughter of Barbara Nell White Felch and
granddaughter of Bessie Prisock White(deceased 03/05/2001)

Posted: 9 Oct 2009 5:17AM GMT
Surnames: Prisock,Livingston,White
Martha A. Prisock born Feb 06, 1858 was the 1/2 sister of Jacob Prisock not his daughter. Their father was David Prisock born 1798. His mother is unknown to me. Martha's mother was Margaret Ann Prisock born 1818.
Yes, you are correct, Jacob married Lavinia M.A. (Viney) Livingston. They had seven children, William W., Mattie A.,Henry M., James B.,George R., Mary Ada, and Jonathan.
Again you are correct, Martha A. Prisock never married, is buried at Betheden Cemetery in Winston County, MS, and had a son named William Thomas who married Meldia McHann. Both are burried at Betheden Cemetery. Martha A. also had a daughter named Dollie Ann born April 07, 1893 who married John Thackston. They are also buried at Betheden Cemetery.
I do have speculation as to who the father of Martha A. Prisock's children handed down to me.
Do you have any photos of William Thomas? I have many original photos including Margaret, Martha, and Dollie but none with William Thomas' name on them although I do have many that I can not identify. I feel that one of these could be him if I had something to compare them to.
Have you visited Betheden Cemetery?

Posted: 5 Dec 2009 10:36PM GMT
Surnames: Prisock, White, McHann
Sorry to reply so long. Been unemployed, and jobsearching takes away from this hobby! My mother is 75 years and may know about William Thomas Prisock. I have to ask if you know if William Thomas Prisock spent time in prison for murder? And if you do, the circumstances of what happened? Also, if you have photos I'd be glad to have my mother examine them. This history of my great-grandfather was never discussed in the family. Would like to know more. Many thanks, Teresa (teresagraffeo@gmail.com)

Posted: 17 Oct 2013 8:59PM GMT
I am helping a friend join the SCV chapter in Louisville, MS, on his great great grandfather Jacob M. Prisock, found some info that may be him. Died 1900 and is buried in Mt. Sinai Cemetery in Rankin or Hinds Co. MS is this the correct Jacob Prisock
per page

Find a board about a specific topic