Search for content in message boards

Jurymen of the Salem Witch Trials

Jurymen of the Salem Witch Trials

walter t. crean (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2004 9:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Dec 2004 9:58AM GMT
Surnames: FISKE, BATHCELDER, DANE, EVELETH, PERLEY, PEABODY, PERKINS, SAYER, ELLIOTT, HERRICK
i am writing a book on the 1692 salem witch trials and i am trying to find out a little more on the twelve men themselves. the names of the twelve are as follows:

thomas fiske, foreman--wenham, mass.
william fiske (the foreman's cousin)--wenham, mass.
JOHN BATCHELDER (ancestor)--beverly, mass.
thomas fiske, jr. (the foreman's son)--wenham, mass.
JOHN DANE (ancestor)--ipswich, mass.
joseph eveleth--ipswich, mass.
thomas perley--boxford, mass.
john peabody--boxford, mass.
thomas perkins (a grandnephew of accused witch mary
perkins bradbury)--topsfield, mass.
samuel sayer
andrew elliott--beverly, mass.
HENRY HERRICK (distant relative)--beverly, mass.

i hope anyone can tell me more about these twelve courageous men who realized that they made a terrible mistake and apologized for it in 1706. i would like to know more about samuel sayer even more as i have found nothing about him at all. any informationm would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

walter
brianboru662002@yahoo.com

Re: Jurymen of the Salem Witch Trials

walter t. crean (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 2004 7:03PM GMT
Edited: 19 Dec 2004 12:44PM GMT
Surnames: FISKE, LAWTER, EASTWICK
here is new information on the fiskes who were jurors. this information is from the new england historical and genealogical register, vol. 88, pp. 142-146 & 265-273:

richard fiske-7 (?simon, william, simon)
(1493?-15??)
m. ----- [ unm ]

robert fiske-9 william fiske
(1521?-1602) (1525?-1578/79)
m. sibilla (gould) m. ----- [ mnu ]
barber, 1548
m. joan [ mnu ]

thomas fiske-12 john fiske-13
(1560?-1610/11) (1580?-1663)
m. margery [ mnu ] <rev.>
m. anne lawter
(2nd cousin)
(mary fiske, william,
richard, ?simon,
william, simon)

phineas fiske william fiske
(1600?-1673) (1614?-1654?)
m. sarah francis, 1617 m. bridget
m. elizabeth eastwick, matchet

THOMAS FISKE WILLIAM FISKE
(1630-1707) (1642-1728), dea.
foreman in salem juror in salem jury
jury, 1692 1692
m. joanna white, 1650 m. sarah kilham, 1662
m. martha [ mnu ]

THOMAS FISKE, JR.
(1653-1723)
juror in salem jury, 1692
m. rebecca perkins, 1678

this is the family tree of the men of the fiske family that were jurors dring the 1692 salem witch trials. as you can see from the tree i created that thomas fiske (the foreman) and william fiske were third cousins, whereas thomas fiske jr. and william fiske are third cousins once removed.

walter

Keith Batcheller (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2005 7:37PM GMT
Edited: 17 May 2005 11:17AM GMT
Surnames: Batcheller
I am a direct descendant of John Batcheller. This is the correct spelling. I have a copy of his will that askes forgiveness for being a jurior in the Salem Witch Trials. Regards, Keith Batcheller

Walter T. Crean (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2005 8:59PM GMT
Edited: 17 May 2005 11:16AM GMT
Surnames: Batcheller
hi, keith, i would be more than happy to view this will of juror John Batcheller as i hope i can put in my book i am currently writing. the book details the genealogies of the jurors, magistrates, accused/executed, accusers, and other court officials. if it's okay, i'd like to have your family tree from juror john batcheller; i know his wife was sarah goodale. i am descended from a batcheller myself through my grandmother; her name was abigail (batcheller) dodge and she was first wife to deacon peter woodbury, sr., of beverly. any information you can provide on juror john batcheller would be most helpful. you can email me at brianboru662002@yahoo.com, thanks.

Posted: 23 Sep 2009 5:39PM GMT
Hi there. I don't know if you'll even see this as this post is pretty old, but I am also supposed to be a descendant of John Batcheller (I've got pretty good resources) and would love to hear more about him, his connections to the trials and any other people looking into his descendants. I've already come in contact with quite a few.

Anyhow, if you read this and would like to get in contact to swap information, please don't hesitate to write me at JDJames89@aol.com.

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 7:48PM GMT
Surnames: BATCHELLER, BATCHELDER
Hey, I got your message and, even though it was an old posting, I can still look up whatever you'd like to know about John Batcheller (or Batchelder). My main email address now is creanaugusta@yahoo.com so if you want to know anything, send it to this email address, thanks. I know that he married Sarah Goodale, dau. of Robert and Katherine ( mnu ) Goodale; mnu means maiden name unknown just in case that confuses you. I tend to do that when I don't know the maiden name of the wife. Feel free to add my email address, creanaugusta@yahoo.com, to your Yahoo address book as it's where I will be sending information to you from now on. If I find anything else, I will let you know, okay?

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 7:49PM GMT
Feel free to email me a copy of his will to my email address on Yahoo, creanaugusta@yahoo.com, as I can print it off at the campus I attend, University of Maine at Augusta. Thanks.

Walter

Posted: 24 Mar 2012 6:35AM GMT
Surnames: Paine
Hi Walter,

You might want to check out Robert Paine, foreman of the Salem witch trial jury in 1692. He has a very interesting story.

Posted: 19 Jul 2012 5:49PM GMT
I am a direct descendant also .. can you provide me a copy of the will for my records?

Thanks !
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions