Search for content in message boards

Francis M. Wilson

Francis M. Wilson

Posted: 13 Jan 2006 4:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Jan 2006 12:16PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson, Davis, Thornton
Francis M. Wilson married Elizabeth Romine Thornton in 1867 in Saline Co. Missouri I know they had one son for sure John Henry Wilson who married Dollie Isophene Davis. I have been told they had two daughters. Francis and Elizabeth left in wagon and John was to little to go and stay with his uncle Abe Romine. Any infor thanks Regina

Re: Francis M. Wilson

Posted: 4 Aug 2009 4:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wilson, Romine, Thornton, Davis
According to James Clifford Wilson's (a friend who I am helping search) mother Ruth Johnson Wilson's hand written notes,(wife of James Abraham son of John Henry) Elizabeth (Betsy) Romine/Thornton/Wilson died when John Henry was two years old (abt. 1874) so Francis left with her 3 previous Thornton children ( Jim, Bruce, Ike ) and went to Texas. There he became a sheriff and re-married (spouse?) and later returned for John Henry and found that he was living well with Elizabeth's brother Abraham ( Abe) Romine (who Francis Marion chose to care for John Henry because he had been too small to travel), so he decided to leave him there, and returned to Texas!

After his death, Francis Marion's lawyer contacted John Henry about a will, but his wife Dollie Isophene Davis/Wilson was so angry, that she talked John Henry into not accepting his inheritance!

Again these are hand written notes from Clifford's mother!

Need more info on Francis Marion!!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions