Search for content in message boards

Davenport/Turner

Davenport/Turner

Posted: 31 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Mar 2006 12:22AM GMT
Surnames: Davenport, Putnam, Lansdowne

I am looking for anyone who can tell me anything about the following people:
James Madison Davenport, he married Sarah J. Turner on May 18,1848 in Callaway Co.,Mo. James enlisted in L company, 9th, Cavalry Mo. volunteers on April 23,1863. After he was discharged in 1865 they moved to Fulton, Mo.
I do not have all of their children's names, but I do have the following: York Davis Davenport(my great grandfather) William, Mattie, and James. I have heard that James Madison came to Missouri from Kentucky, but I can't find them there. York Davis married Martha Minor Lansdowne and they had the following children:
Everett James Davenport
Charles Albert Davenport
Jesse William Davenport (my grandfather)
Edgar ? Davenport
Ada Viola Davenport Hicks
Susan ? Davenport Wermer
Anna Agnes Davenport Brandon
Mary Josephine Davenport Putnam
Jesse married Flossie Pearletta Putnam and they had my mother, Pansy Minor Davenport Durbin, Rose May Davenport Hansen, and Violet Davenport.
Mary Josephine Davenport married Flossie's brother John Putnam. If you had time or patience to read this, thank you. Anyone who wishes to respond may e-mail me at bluffie@aol.com

Martie Durbin Harris

Re: Davenport/Turner

Posted: 30 Nov 2004 5:11AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jan 2005 6:24PM GMT
My great grandfather was Charles Albert Davenport.

Posted: 29 Jul 2005 1:11AM GMT
I am also a great, grandson of York Davis Davenport and a first cousin of Martha Durbin Harris. We are particularly interested in the parentage of James Madison Davenport. I don't know whether Martie has contacted you in reply to your message or not but I would be interested in exchanging information. She has been off-line a lot of the time recently. eMail me at earl181@comcast.net.

Posted: 28 Jul 2013 3:23PM GMT
Susie Ree (Davenport) Wimer was my Grandmother the daughter of York Davenport and Martha m. (Lansdown) Davenport was my Great Grandfather and Great Grandmother . York Davenport was the son of James Madison Davenport and Sarah J. Turner they were my Great Great Grand Father and Great Great Grandmother. And i'm the son of Mona Lou (Wimer) Overbaugh the daughter of Harry M. Wimer and Susie Ree. (Davenport) Wimer. I'm on facebook 2 so you can find me there it nice to meet a new cousin . Thanks Ken
per page

Find a board about a specific topic