Search for content in message boards

DAR LOOKUP: Robert Moseley, Prince William County, Virginia

DAR LOOKUP: Robert Moseley, Prince William County, Virginia

Posted: 11 Dec 2001 10:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Jun 2006 9:01PM GMT
Surnames: Moseley, Peak
Robert Moseley, Born: February 15, 1748 Prince William Co., Va. and Died: November 11, 1821 Ohio County, Kentucky.
Married: August 9, 1776 Pennsylvania to Sarah Peake/Peak.

Re: DAR LOOKUP: Robert Moseley, Prince William County, Virginia

Posted: 11 Dec 2001 11:44PM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2006 7:29PM GMT
Surnames: Moseley
Hello Linda,
Your Robert Moseley was not found during our search of the DAR Patriot Index. I did find a Robert Moseley who was born 2/14/1732 in VA. Could this be a father or cousin? He would have been 16 when your Robert was born. If you have the name of a spouse this might narrow down the search. I will be happy to search further if you can provide that information.

Regards, Ann W DAR look up volunteer

"This is a free look up service provided by DAR volunteers at the DAR message board"

Posted: 12 Dec 2001 2:26PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jun 2006 9:01PM GMT
This could be the right Robert Moseley I am looking for and you have the right birthdate listed instead of what I put down. His father was a Robert also, he married twice: 1. Mary Magdalene Guerrant, before 1733 and 2. Lucy Gregg abt. 1774. As I said in last query my Robert was married to Sarah Peake-Peak in 1776, he could have been married before but have no record of that.
Thank You......

Posted: 12 Dec 2001 9:58PM GMT
Hello,
Well, the spouse name helped greatly, because we found your Robert in the DAR Patriot Index and information is as follows:

Robert Moseley b 1752 VA d p 6-7-1821 KY m Mrs. Sarah Peak. Service was Lt PA PNSR (soldier pensioned).

A copy of the application has more information about your Robert and you may request this copy from DAR National Headquarters. Please make a check in the amount of $5 payable to the Treasurer General. Mail the check along with the informtion on your patriot to Record's Copy Dept., Treasurer General NSDAR, Administration Bldg., 1776 D St NW, Washington, DC 20006-5392. It takes about 6-8 weeks to receive this as this office is very busy.

Are you interested in DAR membership? If you are a lineal descendant of the patriot you would be eligable. Let me know if you would like to be contacted by a chapter near you.

Posted: 28 Mar 2013 4:22AM GMT
Robert Peter Moseley b. 14 Feb 1732 m. Mary Magdalene Guerrant ... his parents were Robert Ligon Moseley m. Sarah Rachel Taylor ... he was married only once.

Robert Peter Moseley b. 15 Feb 1749 m. Sarah Peake ... his parents were Robert Moseley Jr m. (1) Lucy Gregg and (2) Margaret

These two men are different people and are unrelated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic