Search for content in message boards

Willis Gillaspie and Harriet Smith

Willis Gillaspie and Harriet Smith

Sylvia Ray (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2006 3:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gillaspie
Willis Gillaspie born about 1790 married Harriet Smith on 12 January 1816 in Amherst County.

In 1850 census shown in Eastern District as follows:
Willis Gillaspie, age 60
Harriet, age 58
Sally, age 27
James, age 26
Mildred, age 22 (married William Sidney Camden)
Wiatt, age 21 (died during civil war)
Clary, age 18

Sally and Clara never married and are shown in later census records in the household of their sister, Mildred Camden.

Also believe that Willis and Harriet are the parents of William Gillaspie who married Elizabeth Franklin in Amherst 26 March 1846, who moved to Bedford County. They were the parents of Harriet A. Gillaspie who married William T. Perkins and inherited the Camden homeplace on Jack's Hill in Nelson County.

Can anyone tell me who the parents of Willis Gillaspie were and what was his relationship to Dicey Gillaspie who married Jesse Wright??

Thanks in advance for any help,
Sylvia

Re: Willis Gillaspie and Harriet Smith

Posted: 16 Aug 2007 4:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gillaspie, Gillispie, Gillespie
Hi Sylvia.

Willis may have been the brother of a Tarlton Gillaspie who was my g-g-g-g-grandfather. We aren't sure and are trying to document this.

Also, Dicey Gillaspie was the daughter of George Gillaspie and Mary Moore. Willis and Tarlton may have been the sons of George and Molly Faris, but that's just a guess at this point.

If you have any information that you would like to share or exchange, please contact me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic