Search for content in message boards

BINGAMAN

BINGAMAN

Sarah Bingaman (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Johann (Johannes) Bingaman - Hessian soldier in Rev. War. Came to U.S. @1776 m. Susanna Nash

Bingaman

Posted: 24 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Feb 2004 4:05AM GMT
I am a descendent of John Bingaman and Susanna Nash. I think I can furnish you with information on John, his brothers and his parents, even his grandfather. Any chance you have any info on Susanna Nash as I have not been able to find her parents. Give me a hollar if interested.

John and Henry BINGAMAN

roger (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
I have a John BINGAMAN who married a "Dutch" woman and were killed by Indians in New River, VA 1755. His son Henry m Mary Wylie in 1786 and had a son Christian. Any connection?

John Bingaman/Bingham

Roberta L. Doman (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BINGHAM, BINGMAN, BINGAMAN, BINGEMAN, RHODEN
We do not know where the BINGAMAN/BINGHAM family originally came from, this is all we have.....

I am trying to locate any information on my great grandfather John Tecumseh BINGAMAN, BINGHAM. He was born in Union Twp, PA. on September 22, 1844. At the age of 16 years John enlisted in Harrisburg, PA. to go off to war. He had lied about his age. I have John's muster out roll at the age of 18 as a private in the 14th Company, 2nd Battalion, Veteran Reserve Corps. on the 22, Sept, 1862, and was transferred from Co., G, 57th Regt. PA. Vols. March 21, 1965. Being honorably discharged June 30, 1866, at Stone General Hospital, in Washington, D.C. (John had TB at one point in his life) We found his name spelled "BINGMAN, BINGAMAN, BINGEMAN" on several military documents, so it is hard to know which name he was actually named at birth. We believe he was married in PA. after the Civil War, and possibly had a family. There is a 20 gap, before we get any more information on him.

Twenty years later, we find John running horses to Berryville, AR. He and his friend sell the horses to a man by the name of William RHODEN in Berryville. William and his wife are both either Cherokee or Chickashaw, and have several children, the youngest named (Dora) Dove, we believe her to be about 14 years old.

John buys her from William for $1,000 and settles down in Berryville, where they have 4 children. We think they were finally married when she was 17, but that is not a certainty. The children's names are John T. II, Harry Lawrence, James and Alice Bingham.

Unfortunately John forgot to divorce his first wife as the story goes, and she finally locates him when the oldest son John, is about 13 years old. She goes to Berryville, and moves back in with her husband, and Dove, takes her children and moves out, going to the Chickashaw Indian Reservation in Ada, Oklahoma. John was not very good to Dove, and possibly because of her age, treated her as if she were one of his own children.

Nothing is known about this first wife, no names have been passed down, for her or possible children. So we are simply doing grab bags with the John Bingaman/Bingham.

Re: BINGAMAN - BINGEMANN

Posted: 1 Feb 2002 3:51AM GMT
Edited: 3 May 2002 10:09PM GMT
Surnames: BINGEMANN
I am sorry to be a little late to answer this query, but John
(Johannes) Bingemann of Niederbeisheim, a soldier of the
Hessen-Kassel Regt. v.Donop, during the American Revolution, was featured in a write-up in the Johannes Schwalm Historical Association Journal Vol.4/2 (1990).
Hope this will clear this one up, John Merz, researcher
of Hessians of the American Revolution.
http://www.cgocable.net/~hessian

Gerry Bingeman (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2003 12:42PM GMT
Surnames: BIngemann, Bingeman
Sorry for the delayed response...
Do you have that link ?... the one you left in the response is no longer active.

Regards,
Gerry

Posted: 30 Jan 2003 4:34PM GMT
Edited: 6 May 2003 10:41PM GMT
Surnames: BINGEMANN
My webpage has changed to
http://home.cogeco.ca/~hessian

Posted: 25 May 2003 5:30AM GMT
Edited: 25 May 2003 5:45AM GMT
I am the great great granddaughter of Beatrice Fern Bingaman, born in Yuma, Co 1898.
Her parents were William Raymond Bingaman and Eleanor Chloe Marks, both born in IL.
William Raymond Bingaman was the youngest child of John George Bingaman and Margaret Sarber, both born in PA.
(As the family bible states)
According to family history (as told by William R. Bingaman to my great grandmother) - the Bingaman family was orginanally Dutch. The specific spelling of "Bingaman" denotes that, whereas other spellings are from Germany.
I do not known if John George Bingaman was the child of John Bingaman, the hessian solider, as the family bible does not go that far back.
If you have any info, please contact me,
crystal
gemsgalore@excite.com

John Helmut Merz (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2003 4:57PM GMT
Surnames: BINGEMANN, BINGAMAN
Dear Chrystal, in reply to your posting of today, the name
Bingemann/Bingeman or even BINGAMAN is not too
uncommon in America. Besides of the Hessian soldier
Johannes BINGEMANN, who remained in America after
the American Revelution, there were Bingemann's in
Virginia before. Two are mentioned in the book by Klaus
WUST "The Virginia Germans", published by the
University Press of Virginia, Charlottesville, 1969, first
paperback printing in 1989. I found some interesting
family stories on www.google.com by typing Bingemann
in the query fileld. There is also a Bingaman Message
Board on Rootsweb.
That should get you forward in your search.
Cheers,
John Merz, researching Hessian soldiers of the AmRev.

von Donop

Wolfgang G. Fischer (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2003 6:10PM GMT
Hallo John Helmut,

ich wüßte gern mehr über den Offizier von Donop. Wo muss ich da suchen?

Eine Friederica Rosina von Donop heiratete 1756 in Philippsthal/Werra Nikolaus Bachmann aus Niederndorf, der ein Vorfahre von mir gewesen sein könnte!

Herzliche Güße
Wolfgang
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions