Search for content in message boards

Billesbach/Buellesbach John

Billesbach/Buellesbach John

Posted: 23 Jun 2001 1:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Billesbach,Garmshead,Germsheit,Gennsheid,Reuter,Meisenbach,Gerten,Pantenberg,Haws,Nall,Noel,
Looking for any info on brothers/sisters/parents/birth place in Germany for John Billesbach. Born 20 Dec 1830
somewhere in Germany. Came to America in 1853 and settled in Wisconsin. Married Mary Anne Garmshead(Germdheit)(Gennsheid)
in Aug 1854. Moved to Peru Illinois around 1857

Re: Billesbach/Buellesbach John

Posted: 5 Aug 2004 8:26PM GMT
One of the Billesbach families were from a village named Billesbach, Germany. It may have been in NC Germany. The branch I know about married into the Reuter and Miller(Mueller) families in Blackhawk County, Iowa. There is some info there in a book compiled by the Reuter family(I think?).

Posted: 24 Apr 2011 10:54PM GMT
Surnames: Billesbach/Buellesbach, Neher, Woods
I believe this may be a brother to one of my husband's relatives, Tobias Billesbach! He was born in Koln, Germany on Sept 12, 1831 and immegrated to America also in 1853 (what are the odds?) He settled in Eau Claire, Wisconsin and married a Mary/Maria Neher. I have been looking for any connections to this man for almost a year now. My husband's branch is through one of the daughters, Josephine, who married a Thomas Woods. I would love to have any more info on possible parents of Tobias.

Posted: 26 Apr 2011 5:47PM GMT
I have found a Johann Büllesbach (Buellesbach, Umlaut: "two dots" over the u). "John" emigrated 1853 presumably from the port of Antwerp in Belgium. John came from the village of "Weldergoven". Weldergoven is an part of the city of "Hennef". The city of Hennef at the "Sieg" river is located some miles south of the city of Cologne. One year before emigrated 1852 a family Büllesbach with 5 persons from the neighboring city Herresbach. Probably relationship of John?

I hope this is helpful?

Posted: 2 Aug 2012 7:55PM GMT
Surnames: Oettinger, Billesbach, McCormick, Navin, Sloey
Hi, this may be one of my ancestors. Do you have any other information... names in his household, whence he immigrated, etc? Thank you for your research.

Posted: 3 Aug 2012 7:27PM GMT
Only John Büllesbach emigrated 1853: no names of children or a wife is in the list. I already said that emigrated 1852 a Büllesbach family with 5 persons. Other Büllesbach's are emigrated 1868; 1881; 1882; . All came from the same area as John.

Posted: 4 Aug 2012 6:41PM GMT
There is no village or a town with the name Billesbach in Germany. However, it gives a village "Büllesbach". Also this is a part of "Hennef" at the "Sieg" River close to Cologne today.

Re: Büllesbach & Buellesbach in Wisconsin & Milwaukee's German newspapers

Posted: 4 Aug 2012 9:38PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2012 9:39PM GMT
Surnames: Büllesbach Buellesbach
" ... Came to America in 1853 and settled in Wisconsin. Married Mary Anne Garmshead (Germdheit, Gennsheid)
in Aug 1854. Moved to Peru Illinois around 1857 ..."

Regarding the original 2001 posting, there are few Wisconsin civil records that would have been generated for this couple 1853-1857 other than the Aug 1854 marriage (where was this recorded?), or a property purchase/sale.

Any births/deaths 1853-1857 would generally not be found in state or local level, but in church baptism or burial registers (some early births were recorded retroactively in the 1870s by families).

Milwaukee's German newspapers index has a handful of Büllesbach and Buellesbach entries, but none of them early enough to match this posting.

Gary Rebholz
Milwaukee, Wis.
Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items (1844-1950).

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 3:03AM GMT
Born Dec 20, 1830 in Asbach, Germany. Original name of Johannes Bullesbach, parents - Anton and Catherine Elisabeth of Krankel, Germany.

John had 10 children and died in June 21, 1879 in Peru, Il. Mary Anne moved with 10 kids 4 years later to Nebraska.

John and Mary Anne were my great, great, grandparents.

Re: Büllesbach & Buellesbach in Wisconsin & Milwaukee's German newspapers

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 6:03PM GMT
Surnames: Billesbach, Bullesbach
In any of those newspaper entries, where there any for a Tobias Billesbach/Buellesbach? I have had nothing but bad luck trying to find anything about him.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions