Search for content in message boards

John A., William James, Margaret J. Jones

John A., William James, Margaret J. Jones

John Gardner (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2000 4:45AM GMT
Looking for info on John A. Jones, b 24 Dec 1729 in Worcestorshire, England, d 24 June 1840 in Franklin Co., PA. Married Elizabeth Somerset and fathered William James Jones about 1784. William James Jones married Mary Goshorn and fathered Margaret J. Jones about 1818.

John A. Jones and William Jones

Posted: 22 Jan 2000 2:51PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2001 3:43AM GMT
In reply to John Gardner---
My great grandfather was John A.Jones b. in Leitersburg,MD.Nov. 15,1844 d. Feb. 27, 1941 and is buried in Hagerstown, MD. His father was William Jones b. Poketown Franklin Co PA. His wife was Henrietta. b.Leitersburg MD. Please respond because I think there may be some connection.

William J and John A Jones

Bev Norton (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2001 10:00AM GMT
I down loaded a file from RootsWeb's World Connect Project: Mike's Relatives and Ancestors. This file takes the Jones line back to the 1400's. It shows John A. as the father of William james with a wife Elizabeth. I see one problems with it however. John A. is born 24 Dec 1729 and doesn't die until 24 Jul 1840. That is considerably more than 100 years. Since John A. is listed on this file as Sr. I wonder if there should be another John between John A. and William James.

John Jones

John (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 2001 11:23PM GMT
Bev,

John Aik Jones was born 24 Dec 1729 and died 24 Jun 1840. He was 110 years old when he died. His wife was Elizabeth Sumerset.

John

John A. JOnes

Bev Norton (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2001 7:56AM GMT
Thanks for the information. His age seemed to be really old, so I wasn't sure that it was right.

Re: John A., William James, Margaret J. Jones

Paula Trout (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2002 12:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jones, John A., Sr.
I am a direct descendent of the John A. Jones in your query. I have been searching for his wife's surname FOREVER. Please advise where you found her! Do you have their date of marriage? I have lots of info on the Jones line. Looking forward to your reply.

Re: John Jones

Paula Trout (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2002 12:42PM GMT
John A. Jones, Sr. did live to be 110 years old. I have never know what his middle initial stood for, or what his wife Elizabeth's maiden name was. Please advise where you found this info. I am a direct decendent of this Jones family and would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.

Re: John A., William James, Margaret J. Jones

Posted: 16 Jan 2007 5:10PM GMT
Surnames: Jones, Gooshorn
Dear Mr. Gardner:

Just came across your message of Jan. 5, 2000, about John A. Jones, reputed father of my great-great-great grandfather on my mother's side, James Jones of Tell Township, Huntingdon County, Pa. (c1784-c1858). James Jones married my great-great-great grandmother on my father's side, Mary Gooshorn. I found so many John Joneses that I have been unable to verify the parentage of James Jones, who you identify as WILLIAM James Jones. Can you please tell me the source of the information that John A. Jones and Elizabeth Somerset were his parents.

As for Margaret J. Jones, daughter of James Jones and Mary Gooshorn: Margaret Jones, intermarried with William Parsons, was the daughter of James Jones of Tell Township, according to James's will, copied into Huntingdon County Will Book 5, pp371-372. James mentions in his will sons John, Jacob G., David and Robert B.; daughters Elizabeth (Samuel Parsons), Margaret (William Parsons), Nancy (Jackson Briggs), Arabella M. Ella, Eleanor (John Briggs), Julyan (Jonathan Price) and Susanna (Isaac Watters); grandson William Crambridge (sic) Patterson and granddaughter Mary Eleanor Ettnire. The will was written May 21, 1856, and amended September 1, 1856.

John A Jones 1729-1840 England=> Franklin Co., PA

Posted: 27 Nov 2007 6:07PM GMT
Surnames: Jones
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions