Search for content in message boards

Ira MAYHEW marr 1858 to Margaret HALLIDAY in Horton Twp Renfrew

Ira MAYHEW marr 1858 to Margaret HALLIDAY in Horton Twp Renfrew

Dallas (View posts)
Posted: 2 Sep 2004 12:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Jul 2009 10:06PM GMT
Surnames: MAYHEW, HALLIDAY, AIRTH
Ira MAYHEW was born Aug 29 1923 in Horton Twp, s/o Joseph MAYHEW (MAHEU) & Charlotte HONEYWELL.

Ira was was the 1st pioneer child born in Renfrew Village.

Margaret Hamilton HALLIDAY was born May 17 1838 in Rutherglen, Lanark, Scotland, d/o James HALLIDAY & Elisabeth AIRTH.

Here they are in 1901 ~

1901 CENSUS - Oakland, Brandon, Manitoba

1 19 Mayhew IRA M Head M Aug 29 1823 72
2 19 Mayhew Margaret F Wife M Mar 17 1832 62
3 19 Mayhew John M Son S May 26 1862 32
4 19 Mathew Louise M. F Daughter S Aug 24 1872 18
Their son Charles MAYHEW b 1865 had married Margaret Ann CARDIFF in 1893 in Admaston Twp, Renfrew.

Their son James Halliday MAYHEW b 1868 had married Susan GRASLEY abt 1897 in either Ontario or Manitoba.

Their daughter Jane MAYHEW had married to George Ralph WATSON in 1895 in Oakland Manitoba.

I'm not sure where or when Ira MAYHEW died but I know that Margaret Halliday MAYHEW died in Vancouver BC on Oct 27 1922.

I would love to find information or descendants.

Re: Ira MAYHEW marr 1858 to Margaret HALLIDAY in Horton Twp Renfrew

Posted: 30 Jul 2009 12:34AM GMT
Surnames: Mayhew
Ira Mayhew was born Oct/Nov 1827, Admaston, Ontario and married Margaret Halliday on 13 April, 1858 at Horton, Renfrew Co., Ontario. He died 26 March 1880 at Nippissing, N. Ontario according to Irene MacLean

Posted: 31 Jul 2009 12:05PM GMT
I don't believe that the 1880m date of death is correct. I cannot find any death registrations in Ontario for him, for that date or any other date (using ancestry.com Ontario Deaths database.) In 1901 he was living in Manitoba with Margaret, and two of his children, John and Louise.

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 1:42AM GMT
Surnames: Watson and Mayhew
I am a great grandson of Jane Mayhew and George Ralph Watson who were married in 1895 in Oakland municipality in Manitoba. My grandfather was Ira Walker Watson son of George and Jane and my Father was Ralph James Watson.

I would like to here any from anyone who may be related.

Grant Watson

Posted: 29 Sep 2012 5:03AM GMT
My wife, Carole is a cousin of your father, but I am the genealogist in the family. The Mayhew's can be traced back to Pierre Maheu in the late 1600's in Quebec. After getting the marriage registration for George and Jane from Manitoba, I was finally able to identify his parents and trace the Watson's back a couple of more generations in Ontario.

Carole's parents were Clarence "Johhny" Watson and Lydia nee Kreutzer.

I am happy to share whatever is of interest to you.

Rick

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 1:34PM GMT
Surnames: Watson, Mayhew
I have loaded our Watson ancestors into the the WeRelate Wiki, but have not done the Mayhew family yet. If you do a family search for George Ralph Watson or Jane Mayhew, you will be able to browse the tree. I have also included a picture of them.

You can start at WeRelate.org. If you register as a user, you can email me. Go to my User page (you can do this by clicking on my name (RGMoffat) anywhere you see it). Under the More menu in the upper right column, you'll find Email this user.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions