Search for content in message boards

Daughertys in Clay and Tallapoosa Co.

Daughertys in Clay and Tallapoosa Co.

Posted: 3 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Sep 2002 3:48AM GMT
Surnames: Daugherty, maddux, messick
Hi I am looking for information on Maddux Daughertys , CAnty Anderson Daugherty and Elizabeth Blackwelder familys. my husband is David Daughety and Frncis Jones g grand son. Emma O Daugherty married John Claude Maddux From Tallapoosa County Alabama I can not find their marriage record. any help would be greatly Appericated Francis Jones was the Daughter of Irvin Jones and Harreitt Messick . are there any one out there that ties in with these familys John Claude maddux was the Son of Benjamin Fletcher Maddux from Tallapoosa County around Gold Ville .Thanks phyllis maddox

Frances & Dave Daughtery

Carol Orsburn (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jones, Nelson, Stephens
Phyllis:
Listed in The Quarterly "Tap Roots" VOL. 22, No.1, July 1984 pages 10-14 is Valley Grove Cemetery Records, Tallapoosa County: Frances Daugherty, No Dates; Dave Daugherty, No Dates; Irvin Alexander Jones, Feb. 19, 1866, Apr. 9, 1942. Hope this helps.

Re: Daughertys in Clay and Tallapoosa Co.

Posted: 7 Sep 2001 12:36AM GMT
Hello Phyllis,
Please make any responce to Johnr1927@att.net --- I am searching for the FATHER of Thomas Daugherty who was married to Sarah Tomlin. This Thomas who married Sarah was born abt. 1793 and died 19 Oct 1834 probably in Upson Co. Ga. is listed as a pensioner from the war of 1812. documented. My search is for Thomas father and mother, who must have been born in the early 1700 maybe in S.C. If you can help I will sure appreciate it.
John

Posted: 7 Sep 2001 5:50PM GMT
Edited: 22 Sep 2002 3:48AM GMT
Hi Russell I too am looking for Thomas Daughertys father for this is my line too. His son Anderson is my line how do you tie in.. My eamil is Pmaddox@entercomp.com Thanks Phyllis

Osecola Ancestor (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2002 3:56AM GMT
Surnames: Daughertys
The Blackwells are full blood creeks. She is on the Creek Census. When people are claiming European ancestors instead of their Native American roots, they miss out on the money. That's why only one Maddux family on your husband's side will be cashing in on the money.As it stands now it will be around 1 million to 4 million dollars.

Posted: 20 Feb 2002 4:15AM GMT
Edited: 15 Mar 2002 11:27PM GMT
I am the ggg grandaugter of Irvin Jones and Harriet Messick. I would love to share information with you. I am descended from their son, James M. Jones. He had a son, Coley Creighton Jones, who had Robert Craton (Junior) Jones, who had Robert Jerry Jones, my dad. Although I can't answer the question you asked on the message board, I would love to share information on the Jones family. I can be reached at lynn0824@earthlink.net Anyone researching this family may contact me by email. I am also interested in the Daughtery family, since the wife of my gg grandfather, James M. Jones, was married to a Daugherty.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic