Search for content in message boards

John Thomas Hutchinson (b. ~1892) Wigan, Lancashire

John Thomas Hutchinson (b. ~1892) Wigan, Lancashire

Posted: 6 Oct 2005 4:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Oct 2005 1:01PM GMT
Surnames: Hutchinson, Foster
I am looking for any information about John Thomas Hutchinson. He went by the name Tom. Born in Wigan Lancashire around 1892. He had 2 brothers named George and Fred and two sisters Alice and Louise possibly. He was a coal miner. I believe he married Elizabeth Ellen Nuttal when he was 19. She died and he later married my grandmother May Foster from St Helens when he was 39. I am looking for names of his parents. My mother cannot recall them. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: John Thomas Hutchinson (b. ~1892) Wigan, Lancashire

Joe McDonough (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2005 2:06PM GMT
Surnames: Hutchinson
Hi Kathleen

I found a reference for a John Thomas Hutchinson born in Wigan in the 1st quarter of 1893. There was also a John Hutchinson born Wigan in the 3rd quarter of 1892. You can get a birth certificate for either (or both) of them quite easily from the General Register Office(GRO) in England. It's not expensive and the cert. will list the parents names (assuming the father is known). You can even order on-line and have the info in a couple of weeks. Here is the URL: http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/home.asp
Good luck. Joe McDonough

Kathleen Fehrman (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2005 3:02PM GMT
Surnames: Hutchinson
Thank you for your help. I tried to order the birth certicate online and I need to know the district or Reg No., Vol. and Page. You wouldn't happen to know what they are would you.? It would really help if you did.

Joe McDonough (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2005 4:43PM GMT
Here you go:
for John Thomas Hutchinson it's in March 1893 births, Wigan District, volume 8C, page 111. For John Hutchinson Sept. 1892, Wigan district, volume 8C, page 7. Good luck. Joe

Posted: 1 Mar 2013 1:20AM GMT
hi , i am trying to trace details of a Louisa Hutchinson who was born around 1898 , married a william johnson aged 19 here's

detailsMarriage: 17 Feb 1917 St James and St Elizabeth, Bickershaw, Abram, Lancs.
William Johnson - 19, Collier, Bachelor, 6 Atherton Street, Bickershaw
Louisa Hutchinson - 19, Spinster, 521 Bickershaw Lane, Bickershaw
Groom's Father: Peter Johnson, Collier
Bride's Father: Ralph Hutchinson, Collier
Witness: William Johnson; Florence Johnson
Married by Banns by: D. A. Rowlands Vicar
Register: Marriages 1916 - 1930, Page 2, Entry 3
Source: Original Register at Wigan Archives

do you have any details of where john thomas hutchinson lived ?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic