Search for content in message boards

1800 Green Co., Census

1800 Green Co., Census

Janice Isaacs Pilkington (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ISAACS
Was there an 1800 Green Co., KY Census. If so, was there an Elijah Isaacks/Isaacs on this census? He was listed on the 1802 Adair Co., KY Tax List. I understand that Adair was formed from Green County. If anyone has this census, could you tell me how many were listed in his household?

1800 Census for Green Co KY

Kay Frank (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Isaacs, Isaaks
The only way to find out who lived in Green Co in 1800 is basically through land and/or taxation records. In 1790 you had CT, ME, MD, MA, NH, NY, PA, RI, SC and VT and some of VA that had a census. No schedules were known to exist for DE, GA, KY, NJ, TN and VA in 1790 as they were burned during the British attack on Washington durin the War of 1812. You could find bits and pieces, but that would be it. None for KY in 1800. This could be because KY wasn't a state until 1792, it was VA. And even after it became a state, some of counties like Green, Logan, Christian, Warren and some of those other more southern counties could of been under TN. Read up on the Walker Line and what was KY and what was consider TN. Even some of our ancestors perhaps didn't know that they were in KY, or in TN. It was confusing for many years and that could account for why someone might say they were born in VA in 1791 when in 1792 they were sitting slap dab in the middle of KY and were really born there. Therefore it doesn't go without saying that someone born in KY didn't think they were born in TN or visa versa during the Walker Line problems. Darn those surveyors. Anyway, there was some Isaac/Isaacks in KY in 1810. Unless someone does it before me, I can look at our 1810 Federal Census Index at our Family History Center here. Come back to this site next week and I'll be a good girl and do my work 'next time'.

1800 Green Co. Census

Debbie Raque (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
I'm not related to this family just thought I would pass the word out. As far as I know there isn't an 1800 census for any place in the US. If I'm not mistaken it was burned in the fire in Washington during the war of 1812.

Isaacs in KY

Kay Frank (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Isaacs
In 1795 there was a William ISAACS in Green Co census.

In 1800 there is a John Isaacs in Lincoln Co and a William Isaacs in Warren Co.

1810 there is a John Isaacs in Washington Co, William in Warren Co, Jesse in Shelby Co, and Samuel Isaacs in Barren Co. Samuel is 26-45 and has three females below 26 and a female 26-45.

I find no Elijah Isaacs, however.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic