Search for content in message boards

isaac lindsey of york county, sc. 1790-?1800

isaac lindsey of york county, sc. 1790-?1800

Posted: 21 Jul 2001 11:54PM GMT
Surnames: lindsey
need info. on isaac lindsey of york county, sc. in 1790&1800 census list 2 free white males ? 3 free white females. can you help?

Re: isaac lindsey of york county, sc. 1790-?1800

shirley McLemore (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2002 3:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
My ansesters are like this. Isaac Lindsey Born 1780 in VA. He was married to Mary 9?0. They had children , one was David M Lindsey B 1814 in VA> He was married to Elizabeth Lucas B1825 in KY. They had children. One of whome was Isaace 9Breckenridge0 Lindsey. born 1840in KY> His wife was Elizabeth Burchfield . They were my great grand parents. They had kids, One named David Russel Lindsey Born 1867 . His first wife died. I think her name was Starret before she married Russ. They had about 4 or 5 kids. David Russell's second wife was Frances Veal. They had 2 girls tog. One of which was my Mother. by Shirley

scott lindsey (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2002 3:58PM GMT
do you know if david m & elizbeth and children that moved to ga.? david lindsey born in york sc, 1814.is found on the 1850 cencis of ga. and it shows he was born in sc, one of thier sons named francis marion lindsey born in paulding co. ga. in 1843, and served in the confederate army?

shirley McLemore (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2002 2:04AM GMT
This is the Lindsey's that are my ansesters. Isaac Lindsey born 1780 in VA. . Married to Mary ? He died 1861 in Monroe County TN. He was my G G G grand father. Then his son named David M. Lindsey . born 1814 in VA. he died 1896 in Monroe County. He was married to Elizabeth Lucas. She was born 1825 in KY. Their son was Isaace Lindsey Born 1840 . Hewas married to Elizabeth Burchfield. Born 1840 in KY. They were my great grand parents. . They had a son named David Russell Lindsey. He was born 1867. I believe his first wife was named Starret. That was her last name before she married my grand father. They had 4 or 5 children. She died at about 35 years old. Then David Russell married my grand mother whose name was Frances Veal Mills. She was a widow. She had 2 or 3 Daughters. Then when she and my grand father married, they had 2 daughters. One was named Meedie. She was my mother. They lived in Monroe County Tn. I will try to look up what you ask me when I get time. Thanks, Shirley.

Two David M. Lindseys of TN

Posted: 12 Jun 2003 12:35PM GMT
Shirley, after all this time, I have finally twigged on your message board postings RE: David M. Lindsey. I am a bit slow. Wonder if you know anything about the Breckenridge connection, which seems to exist in your family. If you don't, I do. My mom is a Lindsey, her dad is James Ahira Lindsey born in Iowa 1890, his dad is James Alexander Lindsey born in Johnson Co. TN 1850, his dad is (get this..,. another David M. Lindsey born Washington Co. VA about 1813) m. Barbara Johnson in 1845 and this couple lived in Johnson Co. TN until about 1858, when they went downriver to Huntsville, AL. And later to Iowa. My David M Lindsey's father is Moses Lindsey Jr. b VA abt 1788 wife Catharine Myers, and his father is Moses Lindsey Sr. b. abt 1760 wife Leticia Breckenridge. I have information that your Isaac Lindsey m. Mary Unknown who moved to Monroe County TN is son of Moses Lindsey Sr. and Leticia Breckenridge, which fits everything I have. Let me know if you want more information. Have more on the Breckenridge line.

So it appears that your David M. Lindsey in Monroe Co is first cousin of my David M. Lindsey of Johnson Co. and they are almost the exact same age. Wonder if your research has found anything about my David M. I have a picture of him I can send you. Do you have any pictures of yours?

Would love to hear from you to compare notes.

Katie Angermeyer in BC Canada

Re: Two David M. Lindseys of TN

shirley (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2003 1:58AM GMT
that sounds very interesting. I bet we can connect with some kin folks here some where. I will check with my information and get back with you. thanks for contacting me. My mother's father was David Russell Lindsey. His wife was Frances. Frances Veal. I know something very interesting about my grand father Lindsey and Breckingridge. A man named Breckingridge, that is. It may not be the same one you are talking about. I will get into my books about the family and let you know what I find out. by by Shirley.

Posted: 23 Jan 2005 3:19AM GMT
Shirley, I would like to share more information with you about David Lindsey. Please email me or respond to this message. Katie Angermeyer

Posted: 14 Dec 2007 5:04PM GMT
Surnames: LINDSEY, BRECKENRIDGE, YATES, KING, GENTRY, LUCAS
Shirley said:
>that sounds very interesting. I bet we can connect
>with some kin folks here some where. I will check
>with my information and get back with you. thanks
>for contacting me. My mother's father was David
>Russell Lindsey. His wife was Frances. Frances Veal.
>I know something very interesting about my grand
>father Lindsey and Breckingridge. A man named
>Breckingridge, that is. It may not be the same one
>you are talking about. I will get into my books about
>the family and let you know what I find out. by by
>Shirley.

Shirley,

I saw this post by you (2003) on the LINDSEY Message Board at Rootsweb.

You say your grandfather was David Russell LINDSEY, who married Frances VEAL.

My wife is related to this family:

Katherine Lee YATES (my wife)
William Newton YATES, m. Dessie Elizabeth KING
David YATES, m. Mary Olive Ann GENTRY
Samuel David YATES, Jr., m. Mary Margaret LINDSEY
David M. LINDSEY, Sr., m. Elizabeth LUCAS

This David M. LINDSEY was also the father of Isaac "Big Ike" LINDSEY, who was David Russell LINDSEY"s father.

So, your grandfather, David Russell LINDSEY was my wife's great-grandmother's, Mary Margaret LINDSEY's, nephew. I think, if I have everything in my genealogy program correctly, that you and my wife are 3rd cousins.

We have quite a bit on the LINDSEY family of Monroe Co., TN, but would love to correspond with you and find out more. You say you have information about your great-grandfather LINDSEY and a BRECKINRIDGE. I assume you mean Isaac "Big Ike" LINDSEY? If so, we also have the family story about them and just wonder if it corresponds to yours. According to my wife's family lore, "Big Ike" was the illegitimate son of John Cabell BRECKINRIDGE. Is the story you have? We've never found proof of such a relationship. I have tried to "disprove" it, but using dates and places have never been able to do so. "Big Ike's" supposed father, David M. LINDSEY, Sr., and his wife, Elizabeth LUCAS WERE in KY near the BRECKINRIDGE families in the same time period, so the illegitimate birth of "Big Ike" is possible, especially considering the LINDSEY/BRECKINRIDGE ties farther back in time. "Big Ike's" great-grandfather, Moses LINDSEY, married Letitia (Leticia) BRECKINRIDGE, who was John Cabell BRECKINRIDGE's 1st cousin, twice removed.

Also, the LINDSEY and BRECKINRIDGE families seem to have been associated with each other in VA and KY.

Would love to hear from you,
George W. Durman
Knoxville, TN
(germannaresearch@comcast.net)

Posted: 6 Dec 2008 10:31PM GMT
hi i realize this message is a year old. david m lindsey is my g grandfather, would like to exchange info or share if you like.joe.l.

Posted: 7 Dec 2008 6:08PM GMT
Surnames: Lindsey
Hi to all who have posted to this thread. I am interested in who the father of your David Russell Lindsey was. I am not a big believer in coincidences.

I descend from David Lindsey b. ca 1752 in Currituck Co., NC. He married Elizabeth Ella Russell in Currituck Co.

David and Elizabeth has two known children: Thomas and Daniel. Thomas had a son b. ca. 1823 whom he named David. This David disappeared from the area and nothing further is known about him. I am wondering if perhaps he is the David Russell Lindsey that is being discussed in this thread.

If this is the David Russell Lindsey being discussed, then I can add earlier information for anyone interested.

Jean
per page

Find a board about a specific topic