Search for content in message boards

Whitaker book

Whitaker book

Donnetta (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 2003 12:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Whitaker and others
Hello Whitaker Family
I have aquired a book called The Whitaker Family in England and America 1591-1980. This book is over 600 pages full of info on this family, of course not mine. I will list the a's and b's and if anyone would like me to look up any one please e-mail me at bodojones@hotmail.com. Afton, Alan Duke, Albert Leroy, Amy, Andrea, Angela Joye, Anita, Ann Renee, Anne Clara, Annette Alice, Anthony Harvey, Arlene, Arlene Vera, Arzella, Ballard, Ballard James, Barbara Joan, Benjamin Mark, Benjamin W., Berlin, Beverly Dawn, Bonnie Beth, Bradley Aaron, Brent Wayne, Brian Matthew, Brian Ralph, Bruce Charles, Bryce Melvin, Bryce Ray. Alot of this is family stories. Hope I can help someone out.
Donnetta

Re: Whitaker book

Posted: 27 Dec 2003 12:14PM GMT
Edited: 19 Feb 2006 8:21PM GMT
Donnetta,
Where did this family come from in UK? Is there any tree of Whitakers who stayed in UK.
Regards
Tim Hadfield

Donnetta (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2003 3:54PM GMT
Hello Tim

I have not read the entire bood, but most of the earlier 1500's to 1700's, Whitakers seem to have came from the Worcestershire, England area. Some of the parishes and areas seem to include Hales-owen, Belbroughton, Broome, Chaddesley, Churchhill, Kidderminster and Dudley. And yes many seem to have stayed.

If this is the correct area and you have any names I will be glad to look them up while I still have the book.

Donnetta

Posted: 28 Dec 2003 11:31AM GMT
Edited: 19 Feb 2006 8:21PM GMT
Donnetta,
Many thanks for your prompt reply. I sounds an interesting book but my Whit(t)akers came from around Burnley in Lancashire and I know there are many other source families in UK. Thank you for drawing people's attention to the book.
I don't think your information will help me.
Happy New Year!
Tim

Posted: 20 Jan 2004 11:17PM GMT
Surnames: Whitaker, Toler, Wooton, Miller, Haddix, Begley, Feltner
I also have a Whitaker Book, mine is called "Whitaker 1086-1990" I would be glad to share anything out of this book written by "Bill Whitaker" This group of Whitaker's are my family from Kentucky.

Posted: 21 Jan 2004 2:18AM GMT
Do you have any information on a Jesse Whitaker from Indiana born about 1840. He married Cynthia Matilda Best Jan. 7, 1865 in Warren County, Iowa. Cynthia lived in Wabash Township County of Tippecanoe Indiana. Jesse may have been from the same area.

Thanks for your time
Cathy

Posted: 21 Jan 2004 1:45PM GMT
Does this book include the Oddville, Harrison County, Kentucky Whitekers? If so, can this book be purchased?

I'm interested in the descendants of Hezekiah McKendree Whiteker.

Thanks
Robert
http://www.havilandweb.com

Donnetta (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2004 7:00AM GMT
Hi Robert

I wish I could be more of a help. I do not see that name in the index. And I have not read enough of the book to know all the areas it covers. If you have any more questions please let me know.

Donnetta

Donnetta (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2004 7:13AM GMT
Hi Cathy

I am sorry but I do not see that Jesse listed in the index, I see 2 other Jessie's but they are both female. Any other question please let me know.

Donnetta

Posted: 22 Jan 2004 11:58AM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2005 3:04AM GMT
I'm thinking this information is probably in the book you have, but I'm curious to find out for sure.

Charles Whitaker, b. 1693 in Baltimore County, Md., married Mary Kemball?

Charles and Mary are parents to my James Whitaker who ended up in what became the southwestern part of Virginia. James' brother, John, was with him a while, then cut out with friends for Shelby County, Ky. John was married to Mary McComas.

Any hits?

Bill McKinney
Erie, Pa.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic