Search for content in message boards

Which church was J. R. Allen a minister?

Which church was J. R. Allen a minister?

Posted: 9 Jul 2002 12:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Dec 2002 8:11PM GMT
Surnames: Elliott, Mc Carroll
I want to find information on ancestors married in 1870 by J. R. Allen. The county doesn't list parents, and I'm hoping to find the church in Cheatham Co. Tennessee to find information leading to Stephen A. Elliott and Margaret J. Mc Carroll's parents.

Re: Which church was J. R. Allen a minister?

Posted: 29 Sep 2002 5:24AM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2003 2:21AM GMT
Surnames: Allen
James Russell Allen lived out in the River Road, Sam's Creek, Pond Creek area of Cheatham Co. He was a Methodist. His obit appeared in the Nashville Christian Advocate.

Reverend JAMES R. ALLEN born Davidson Co., Tennessee, May 11, 1806; married Polly White Patterson; four children: Rev. John N., Dr. George S., Mrs. Tennessee Davis and James who was killed at the battle of Shiloh; died April 14, 1884; burial was on homeplace.

Re: Which church was J. R. Allen a minister?

Posted: 27 Oct 2003 1:19PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2006 2:32PM GMT
Do you have the resource book or film on this Nashville Christian Advocate or are you a Allen researcher? I would like to find out if there was a Thomas C. Casey listed in it at anytime . I know he was alive in 1874 age 83. In what form does the TN Archives have this resource item, do you know?
Thank you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions