Search for content in message boards

SAMUEL BROMLEY OF TN.

SAMUEL BROMLEY OF TN.

Posted: 16 Mar 2002 11:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BROMLEY
SAMUEL BROMLEY WAS MY GREAT-GREAT GRANDFATHER. SAMUEL C. BROMLEY'S FATHER WAS JOHN W. BROMLEY, JR. WHO WAS BORN JULY 18,1830. JOHN JR. DIED JULY 23, 1861 IN WAYNE CO. TN.
HIS FATHER, JOHN W. BROMLEY, SR. WAS BORN IN VIRGINIA @ 1800.
JOHN TOLD ONE OF HIS NEPHEWS THAT HIS GRANDFATHER WILLIAM THAT MARRIED MARY WAS THE FIRST PART OF THEIR FAMILY TO COME TO AMERICA FROM ENGLAND.
I HAVE A LIST OF OTHER BROMLEY FAMILY NAMES AND DATES THAT I CAN NOT TIE TOGETHER WITH THE FAMILY I HAVE ON OUR TREE.
IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION TO ADD TO THIS FAMILY TREE, I WOULD LIKE FOR US TO SHARE THE INFORMATION WE HAVE.

Re: SAMUEL BROMLEY OF TN.

Alesha (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2002 11:21AM GMT
Does your Samuel have the middle name of McDonald. My family is the Bromley's from Tennesse also. I think that was my grandfathers Uncle, I'll have to look I don't have the infor right in front of me, but we are from the same line. Would love to exchange info. Alesha Bromley Gilleland

Posted: 5 Sep 2002 12:10PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2004 4:28PM GMT
Surnames: Scott, Hurst, Bromley, Cox
Alesha,
Thanks for your reply to my message. I do not know the middle name of my great-grandfather Samuel but the initial in his name was C..
All his family lived in Wayne Co. TN. He was born in 1842. What was your grandfather's name?
Rae Conner

Alesha (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2002 3:16AM GMT
I have recently moved from Texas to Missouri and all of my research is still in a box. I will dig it out and see what I can find out. My grandfather was Walter C. and I think his father was W. C. I will have to check though. My email is partyguysdoll@aol.com if you'd like to start exchanging info. Looking forward to hearing from you. Alesha Bromley Gilleland

Posted: 17 Dec 2002 4:28PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jun 2005 4:39PM GMT
Surnames: Bromiley, Campbell, Welsh
Rae, I was just reading the postings on the Bromley page even though the spelling of my husbands family is Bromiley and I have this information. Don't know if it is the same family or not. We have a William B. Bromiley, from Turton, near Bolton, in Lancashire, England. Married a Mary Welsh in Turton and came to US in 1859. They lived in Philadelphia PA. Their children were Frank William, James Wilson, Louis, and a daughter who married Samuel Eagelson. Didn't have her name. Hope this will help you. I don't know if this is the same family or not. My e-mail is bbrom21339@aol.com if you need any other information. Betty Bromiley

Posted: 17 Dec 2002 4:53PM GMT
Betty,
None of then names or places you mention fit with any in our file.
Thanks for replying though.
Rae

Posted: 8 Mar 2003 12:53AM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2005 2:51PM GMT
I will probably have information related to your family soon. My branch of the Bromleys also ties into Wayne County, TN. Contact me with any questions.

Posted: 9 Mar 2003 4:03PM GMT
Surnames: BROMLEY, COX
Debroah,
Thanks for your reply. I would really appreciate any information you can share with me.
Here are some of the facts that I have on Samuel and his descendants:
Samuel C. Bromley was born to John B. Bromley, Jr. and Edith E. Hurst of Virginia. They relocated to Wayne Co. Tennessee in 1818. Samuel's siblings were Wiliam Levi, born 1827, died 26 Jul 1850; Lucinda J. bron 1829, died after 1906; died 1903; James Harvey born 1831; Martha Catherine born 1834, died after 1904; Thomas born 1846, died about 1905; Simpson born 1847 and apparently lived only a short time since there are no other records on him.
Civil War Records show that Samuel C. Bromley entered into the Confederate Army on April 26, 1865 in North Carolina. He was 23 years old when he was discharged on May 5, 1865 at Charlotte, North Carolina. He married his 2nd cousin, Mary R. Bromley, who was was born in Alabama, shortly after his discharge. Their first child, William Carroll was born in 1866, Dietha E.born in 1867, Edith E. born in 1868 and John Thomas Bromley, my great grandfather, who was born on 31 Dec 1867. These first four children of Samuel and Mary were all born in Mississippi. Then apparently Samuel moved his family back to where he was born and raised, because the rest of their children were born in Wayne Co. Tennessee where Samuel and Mary are both buried in BETHLEHAM CEMETERY,CA. Branch Rd.\Lawrence Co. Line in Wayne Co. Tennessee.
John Thomas married (haven't been able to find the name of his first wife or date of marriage). They had four children and they all seemed to have ended up living in Texas. In 1890 John married Nancy E. Cox. They had six children, the first was my grandfather Verna Cleveland Bromley; he was born in Waynesboro, Wayne Co. TN. in 1891. His sister, Mayme Jane was born in Ashville, St. Clair County, Alabama in 1894 . On 13 Dec 1904, their mother, Nancy E.Cox died (don't know where she was born or died). John moved his family to Texas in 1904 and remarried to Pernina E. Sloan on 17 Feb 1906. They had one son named Ivan T. Bromley; I have not been able to find any more information on him. Pernina died on 24 Mar 1910; I have not been able to find where she was born or died. John Thomas Bromley died on 12 Mar 1918 in Texas.

Debbie Morgan (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2003 4:48PM GMT
Hi. My 3d or 4th cousin thomas roy bromley was the son of thomas carroll bromley. interesting that the name carroll shows up in your tree and mine. my cousin is to get me his information on the wayne county bromleys . once i get it i will contact you. in the meantime, you can contact me directly at dmorganesq@usa.net

Posted: 15 Mar 2003 2:52AM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2005 2:51PM GMT
James Harvey Bromley is my great-great grandfather. As you know, he and your great-great grandfather were brothers. That makes us cousins of some sort. There are still lots of Bromleys around Lewis and Wayne Counties in Tennessee. I met our cousin Thomas ROy Bromley (grandson of John Jefferson Bromley, another brother of James Harvey and Samuel Carroll) at my uncle Austin Bromley's funeral on March 4, 2003.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions