Search for content in message boards

Death of Mr. Alfred Edward Denby in Guatemala

Death of Mr. Alfred Edward Denby in Guatemala

Posted: 21 Mar 2008 8:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Anyone interested in a copy of the U.S. Department of State's "Report of the Death of an American Citizen" for Mr. Alfred Edward Denby, please contact me so I can conduct research to locate the record. Mr. Denby died in Guatemala on April 20, 1955.

Dave Ellison
davwayell@aol.com

Re: Death of Mr. Alfred Edward Denby in Guatemala

Posted: 2 Jul 2011 6:11AM GMT
I would be very iterated in anything you have. he was my Grandfather.

Al Gray

Posted: 23 May 2012 3:58PM GMT
Alfredo Denby was my mothers father. My mother Inez Denby was born in Guatemala. She and her sister, Josephine were sent to boarding school in the US after their mother died. I have very little history on the Guatemalan connection and would like to learn more about Alfredo.
Thank you.

Posted: 23 May 2012 4:01PM GMT
who are you? There is no one with the last name Gray in the family??

Posted: 24 May 2012 5:48AM GMT
He was my grandfather. My mother was his daughter. My mother, Barbara Ann Denby, married my father Jerry Gray, who was a famous musician in the Big Bands. Look him up on Wikipedia. 1950's(1954) and returned to LA in 1969I grew up in Guatemala in the What about you!!

Posted: 24 May 2012 5:51AM GMT
I new Josephine. I have a movie of them in Guatemala in the 1930's with our grandfather. That was given to me by my aunt, one of his daughters as well. Al

Posted: 24 May 2012 1:05PM GMT
Alfredo was married and had two daughters, Josephine and Inez. Their mother died when they were very young and the girls went to boarding school in the SF area. Later Alfredo remarried and had two or three more children. My mother and her sister went to UCberkely and while my mother was in college her father passed away.
I would love to get more information but I am not sure we are talking about the same person??? Do you think your mother was my mothers step mother?
I live in LA. My mother(Inez) married in San Francisco after college. My Father was in the Navy and then practiced Law. He represented my mother in an Estate matter in Guatemala but my mother lost .
What do you remember about life in Guatemala.I lived there as a little girl and remember very little

Posted: 24 May 2012 6:46PM GMT
Your mother and my mother are 1/2 sisters. My mother knew your mother well. We are cousins. I also have an aunt that knew Inez that lives in Riverside. I live in salt lake city and I am an attorney for smith & glauser. Our grandfather died april 20, 1955. I know that date because it is one day before my wife was born. I lived mostly in LA in the 60's in Sherman Oaks. I had a misprint in my last e-mail. I got back to the USA and LA in 1961 not '69. Seems you spent some time in Guatemal also. I have a lot of info on my (our) grandfather. Hope to hear from you. Albert W. Gray.

Posted: 24 May 2012 11:52PM GMT
This is amazing. My mother spoke so little about Guatemala. She dearly loved her father but I know nothing about her mother. I have a picture of the two sisters with their mother. Gale is the half sister that lives in San Bernadino.I do not know her children. Her husband is a retired doctor. I've met gale and her sister. I think it was Barbara but Josephine called her another name,it was a nick name.....can't remember.
I would love to see the family tree. Gales husband may have some information.
I live in la canada and have three grown children and 7 grand children. My husband is an ophthalmologist and practices in Arcadia.
I would love copies of info on our grand father.
So nice discovering you.I though Alfredo died while my mother was in college. I never met him and I would have if he died in 1955. I think it was much earlier but don't know for sure.

Posted: 25 May 2012 3:07AM GMT
Call 8015984056 for my mail an I can provide more info, al gray
per page

Find a board about a specific topic