Search for content in message boards

McGreish family

McGreish family

Posted: 12 Jan 2008 5:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McGreish, McGreece, McGreice
Any one researching McGreish family history in Ayr, Scotland or in Ireland. Partic interested in Thomas and Rose[McLaughlin] McGreish; both b Ire and desc of their son Daniel b c 1810 Ire. The family emmig to Scotland 1830's poss and a large family of desc resulted. Daniel m Ann Mulharin[Mulherron] also b Ire c 1810. Family seems to be centred around West Kilbride 1800's and early 1900's. Surname spellings may incl McGreece, McGreice.

Re: McGreish family

Posted: 13 Jan 2008 7:04PM GMT
Hi
I am tracing a McGleish/McGreish family. Hugh Kerr b1797-1800 in Cty Antrim married Margaret McGleish or possibly McGreish. Their son and possibly siblings emig to Dalry Ayrshire circa 1845. Thomas married Elizabeth Lauchlan 1851 and died 1855. The death cert has his parents names as above both deceased. My grandfather was Thomas & Eliz son.
Any connections?
Regards, Karen

Posted: 30 Jan 2008 4:33AM GMT
Surnames: McGrice, McGreece, McGreish, McGrace, McGraice, McGreice
Hi Karen, Cannot assist you at this stage.

Posted: 25 Apr 2008 10:30PM GMT
Surnames: McGreish
My great grandmother was Ellen McGreish. She was married to Thomas and they came from Ireland to West Kilbride. My grandfather was James McGreish, his brother Patrick. The family plot is in the public cemetry in West Kilbride, where my mother Mary Jean McGreish was raised. Her brother was Daniel and his ashes rest there.

Posted: 18 May 2008 2:38PM GMT
My mother was born Ellen McGreish in Toronto 1937. Her parents were from Scotland. Euphamia ? and Rennie McGreish.

Posted: 20 May 2008 11:06AM GMT
Hi lizburchett,
do you have any dates for your McGreish's ? I have a James "McGreece" marriage to Mary McIntyre in West Kilbride, Apr 1839 but no other info whatsoever.

Posted: 20 May 2008 11:34AM GMT
Hi gdodwell,
There was a Robertson Rennie McGreish b Mch 1908 Ayrshire SCT to Daniel and Agnes McGreish. Rennie d 1996 Aurora, Ontario CAN. Have some details of his siblings but none of his spouse or family.

Posted: 21 Jun 2008 2:54PM GMT
Hello, I have a Patrick McGreish born 1844 West Kilbride Ayrshire Scotland and his wife Mary McLeish born about 1840 in Saltcoat Ayrshire in the 1881 census with a family of 5 - Elizabeth b 1866 Daniel b 1867 Ann b 1872 Susan b 1876 and Mary McGreish b abt 1881 .
Could they be yours?
Stella

Posted: 6 Jul 2008 8:22AM GMT
Hi, Patrick b c1844 , Mary b c1840 and children Elizabeth, Daniel, Ann, Susan and Mary are part of my research. Patrick's parents were Daniel and Ann[Mulherron]; Mary's parents were Duncan McLeish and Elizabeth Good.

Posted: 9 Sep 2008 1:06PM GMT
Euphemia and Rennie McGreish were my Granparents and I'd like to know if there are any McGreish related in the Bradford area. We have lost contact with our Uncle Rennie (born Aug. 11, 1941) children and Uncle Dan's (born Sept. 26, 1933)children. I have run across the name in a yearbook.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions