Search for content in message boards

1922 list of deceased members of Indian Bottom Association

1922 list of deceased members of Indian Bottom Association

Mack Holliday (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Day, Isom, Dixon, Stamper, Metcalf, Frazier, Shepard, Creech, Cody, Kelly, Caudill
Deceased members listed in 27th Annual Session of the Indian bottom Associaton

Big Cowan --- Easter Day and Mandy Isom
Indian Bottom ---- Fanny Dixon and Alexander Stamper
Clover Fork ---- Elder J H Metcalf
Hurrican Gap --- Susanna Frazier and Cassie Shepherd
Sand Lick --- Dorothy Creech
Little Dove (Knott County)- W P Cody, and John Kelly
Doty Creek --- Dave Caudill, Nancy Caudill, and Betty Caudill

Hezekiah "Carr" Cody

Posted: 30 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 11:32PM GMT
Surnames: Cody
Found a discrepancy in the Knott County, Kentucky, History & Families 1894-1994. There are 2 accounts for Hezekiah "Carr" Cody. One says he is the brother of William Penn Cody (1855-1921) and their father was Jehu Cody and mother, Matilda Smith. The other says he is the son of Joshua Cody and Matilda Smith. In one account, Hezekiah married Amelia Everidge and she was the mother of Tom Cody. The other says Hezekiah was married five times but never mentions Amelia Everidge as one of his wives. Yet, I was always told my grandfather, who's father was William Penn Cody was a first cousin to Tom Cody. That would have made William Penn and Hezekiah brothers. What is the scoop here?

Hezekiah cody

Terry Amburgey (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Amburgey, cody, bailey
My mother was jeanette Bailey - daughter of Hattie Cody- Hattie Cody was the daughter of Hezekiah Cody - who she said was married 5 times - because her mother was the last wife and her father was very old. She also said was a relative of bufflo bill cody

Re: Hezekiah cody

Posted: 1 Jun 2008 4:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
I sure do hope you get this..

Jenette Bailey is the daughter of
William Taulbee Bailey
Kentucky
Bet. 1972 - 1973
Hindman, Knott Co., Kentucky

Do you know who his father was?
Do you have better dates?

Re: Hezekiah "Carr" Cody

Posted: 1 Jun 2008 10:01PM GMT
Heck, Becky I have Hezekiah Carr Cody married 5 times. I hope that is correct. I was thinking that Hezekiah and Tom was the same person. I have some connection to him but not an expert. I am sure you are cousin to Jill. And have forwarded your inquiry to her. We both think Sue Efling will have the exact information to solve the question. I also have the book you referenced. I will take a look at what you found.
P Cody's dau Mary married my G, Uncle Thomas Smith. and Jehu's wife Matilda Smith is sister to two of my grandfathers Thomas and William Med. If I can help you further, JB Francis
PS. I don't have any info about Wild Bill Cody other than he had a wild west show.
I do show Hattie Cody married to William Taulbee Bailey and had dau Martha Jane. JB

Posted: 1 Jun 2008 11:02PM GMT
Surnames: Cody, Bentley
My friend in OR was Sadie Bentley and her parents were Alex Bentley and Leona Cody, daughter of Carr Cody. Sadie said her great great grandfather was Bill Cody and they called him Wild Bill. I checked and the two Wild Bills are not one and the same. I have Sadie's bible but it only has Bentley information in it. Sadie said Carr Cody was Bill Cody's son.
Alex Bentley was struck by a train in WA. His 2nd wife was a Smith.

Posted: 2 Jun 2008 12:33AM GMT
Velma, this is interesting. I think Alexander is son of William Bentley and Lavina Combs. If this is correct I would very much like to contact your Friend Sadie. I have been working hard on some of her and my family. When you refer to Carr Cody are you refering to Hezehiah? I have a dau Elizabeth and Hattie for him. But, my record is far from complete. I have only recorded the Cody's who married into my family. But, I knew some of them as a child. I was born and raised in the community of Smithsboro, Knott Co., KY where most of the Cody family lived. The neighborhood of Irishman Creek. jbfrancis6@aol.com

Posted: 2 Jun 2008 1:48AM GMT
Surnames: Bentley
Sadie died in 1992 in Roseburg, OR. She was born 7 Aug 1918 in Hindman. I believe her dad, Alex, was the son of Robert Bentley and Arta Hall. She always heard from Dallie and Aaron Cornett. Said that was her adopted Sis. I do have her Bentley information that was in the bible.

Posted: 2 Jun 2008 1:59AM GMT
Velma, thanks so much for your reply. After I reread your posting I sorta figured she had died. Sorry.
I don't have a Robert but still thinking she was related to William and Lavina. I will do some more research. I would like to find some of the family living. A view years ago I saw some posts where they were searching for their granmother nancy. I have found her and want to share it with them.
Would it be possible to share the information recorded in her bible? JB Francis

Posted: 2 Jun 2008 3:57AM GMT
Sadie said that Sidney Bentley and Has Bentley were her uncles. They were brothers to Alex and the parents were Arta and Robert Bentley. Orpha and James Bentley lived in Blanchester, OH. I think James and Orpha had kid that lived in Reno. They used to come up to Sadies. Maybe that could be a lead. I will sent the bible info in the morning.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic