Search for content in message boards

Jacob/Catharine SCHÄFFER/SHAFFER

Jacob/Catharine SCHÄFFER/SHAFFER

Michael Shafer (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SCH�FFER, SHAFER, SHAFFER, SCHAEFFER
I'm looking for information on a Jacob and Catharine SCHÄFFER/SHAFFER that lived in the area of West Penn Twp., Schuylkill Co. starting around 1800. Jacob b. circa 1773; d. circa 1843 and Catharine b. circa 1881; d. circa 1860.
The are my 3g-gp through their son Johannes b. May 18, 1801. They attended church at St. John's of Tamaqua in the period of 1830-1860 and perhaps earlier. I have reviewed many a church record for the area and still can not find their marriage record or the baptism of their son Johannes.
Any information regarding any SHAFFER (all spellings) of this area of interest to me. Thanks! :-)

Re: Jacob/Catharine SCHÄFFER/SHAFFER

Posted: 16 Jan 2003 4:01AM GMT
I am related to a Jacob Shafer that was born in Pennsylvania, he was my great-great-great grandfather. His family orignally was from Germany but came to the U.S. through England so I'm still trying to find info on him. This Jacob Shafer was born in or about 1817. My maiden name was spelled Shaffer but I understand that two brothers came to the U.S. and an argument between them made one of them change the spelling of the last name by dropping a letter or two from the last name. Hope this helps. . Carrie (Shaffer) Woliver

Posted: 16 Jan 2003 12:22PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2004 11:34PM GMT
Surnames: SCHAEFER/SHAFER, REDEBACH, STUTZMAN, WEARY, SCHNEIDER/SNYDER, PARSELL, POWELL, THOMAS, GEBHARDT.
Your Ancestry Board inquiry was automatically forwarded to the Rottsweb Schuylkill Co., PA list as is the usual procedure. I read it there.
I have an ancestor, Maria Christina SCHAEFFER or SHAFER, of Berks Co., PA who was born about 1790. Her parents were Adam SHAFER and wife Anna. They were Evangelical Lutherans.
Maybe your Jacob came from this line.

Good luck!
www.angelfire.com/sc/elida

Joanne (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2003 4:17PM GMT
Surnames: Vaughn,Woodward,Schaeffer,Stine,Gross,Keller,Keim,Shoemaker,Canavan,Brooks,Burns
Hi ! Maybe one of you can help me with this..
I'm looking for a George Schaeffer from same area..Possilbe wifes name Matilda Zimmerman..Possilbe brother or son Abraham..
He had a son George Washington Schaeffer born in Middleport area around 1844/5..
Can someone help me ??
Thanks
Joanne Vaughn

Posted: 1 Nov 2003 5:07AM GMT
My 3 g-gfather was named Jacob Shafer, also. Mine lived in Pennsylvania. My understanding is that he had come from Germany through England but my info does not go back before that at this point but am still working on it. My cousin, who lived in Maryland, gave me some info on him but my cousin passed away this past June so now I'm on my own but I would be willing to share any info I have if it's the same one. My maiden name was spelled Shaffer but there are several variations of the spelling.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic