Search for content in message boards

Looking for Dendle, Bainbridge, Scott, Oliver & Drummond Luzerne Cty. PA

Looking for Dendle, Bainbridge, Scott, Oliver & Drummond Luzerne Cty. PA

Posted: 31 Mar 2005 2:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Feb 2006 12:55AM GMT
Surnames: Bainbridge,Dendle,Oliver,Drummond,Scott,White,Wolf,Kehoe
Hi, I am looking for any information on George or William Dendle, George Bainbridge, Mary Jane Scott Bainbridge, Anthony Oliver, Isabella Drummond Oliver, or Mary Jane Peel or Mariah Alderson. They are all from Luzerne County, PA or Durham or Devon, England. I have quite a bit of the genealogy completed so I am filling in the blanks. They lived in West Pittston,PA. Time frame 1820-present. Also looking for Wesley White married Maragret Kehoe. George White & Bertha Wolf. Maragaret Reese & Martin Wolf. Thanks, June

Re: Looking for Dendle, Bainbridge, Scott, Oliver & Drummond Luzerne Cty. PA

Posted: 14 Jul 2005 1:55AM GMT
Surnames: Scott, Whitaker, Peel/Peele/Peale
I am researching a Scott family from Luzerne (Wilkes-Barre) possibly may have also lived in Schuylkill in 1870s. Originally from England

My Scotts:
George Scott abt 1870 - 1934
m: Ella/Ellen Whitaker 1873 - 1937
both were born in PA and died in Oakland Co., Michigan
children:
Hazel Ellen Scott 1896 - 1968
George Dewey Scott 1898 - abt 1933
Robert Peel/Peele/Peale Scott 1906 - 1965
John Willard Scott abt 1911 - ?

Mary Jane Scott Bainbridge's younger brother George Francis Scott would make a good fit for my George Scott. Wondering if you have more information.

Posted: 2 Aug 2005 11:01PM GMT
I have some information on Isabella Drummond/ Anthony Oliver would be willing to share what i have. How are you related?

Amy

Cathy Saunders (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2005 2:59PM GMT
Surnames: Dendle
June,
I have information on the Dendle line in Luzerne County, Piitston, PA. My great uncle's mother was Martha Dendle, married Robert E. Stocker. Martha's father was William H. Dendle, married Rachel Thomas.William's father was also William H. Dendle married to Ann Lane. Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Cathy Saunders

Posted: 6 Sep 2005 7:07PM GMT
Hi Cathy, These are the line I'm looking into. My direct relative was George Dendle, who would be Martha's brother. His father was William H. Dendle married to Ann Lane, then he married again to ? Richards. I have alot of information. Please contact me at my regular email address. lunaria@nep.net Thanks,June

Posted: 23 Feb 2006 5:16PM GMT
Surnames: Oliver,Dendle,Scott,Bainbridge,Peel,Alderson,White,Wolf
Hi, Sorry such a long gap in replying, hope you're still on line. My husband's mother comes from George Dendle & Sarah Ann Oliver, Anthony & Isabella's daughter. If you still have information I'd be happy to hear from you.

Posted: 23 Feb 2006 7:08PM GMT
Hi june,

I don't know what information you have on the Drummonds but here is what I have:

Isabella Oliver Drummond 's Parents were Mary and Robert Drummond. The best I can make out on the birth certificate Mary Drummond's maiden name was Hallen. They had 4 children Isabella, Robert, Alan, and joseph. My great great Grandfather was Robert Drummond.He married Mary Fleisher and had 2 sons Robert and Walter drummond. Walter drummond married Emma jane Singer and had 4 children: Elsie(my grandmother,) Irene, florence, and walter.his brother Robert married Hattie eden and I'm not sure if the had any children.I have Isabella's marriage certificate and her brother Robert's birth certificate in England as well as a census record from england listing Mary and Robert Drummond'sbirth places.I haven't gotten back any further than that. I do know someone who has researched the oliver side .Sorry this information isn't better organized, I'm still putting it together and filling in blanks as well.I also have most of the dates, etc. if you want them. you can e-mail me at Amy2020202@aol.com. Would be interested in what info,. you have. Thanks,

Amy

Posted: 24 Feb 2006 2:33PM GMT
Surnames: Oliver, Drummond, Dendle, Oakley, Davidson, Warner, Willard
June...Please get in touch with me. My mother, 88, and my uncle, 86, are the surviving children of Anthony Whitfield Oliver, Jr. My mother, Sarah Oliver, was named for her great aunt, Sarah Ann Oliver Dendle. We have lost track of the Dendles (though I do have photos) and would love to know the history of the family to the present. My greatgrandparents were, of course, Anthony Whitfield Oliver, Sr. and Isabella Drummond Oliver. Hope to hear from you!
Donna Oakley Davidson

Posted: 24 Feb 2006 7:01PM GMT
Hi, If you could email me directly at lunaria@nep.net with your information, I'll email you mine and I have old pictures and tint types that hopefully your Mom or Uncle can identify the people we can't figure out. My husband hails from Elmer Dendle's line. His mother was E. Romaine Bainbridge Dendle from West Pittston.

Posted: 18 Apr 2006 3:02PM GMT
Surnames: Peel/Scott
Mary Jane Scott appears to have come from Trimdon in Durham, the eldest daughter of Jane peel and john Scott.
Jane Peel was sister to Matthew Peel born 1827 death 1916
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions