Search for content in message boards

Tracing David Kennedy born 1806?Beith Ayrshire Scotland

Tracing David Kennedy born 1806?Beith Ayrshire Scotland

Posted: 13 Feb 2008 11:09PM GMT
Classification: Birth
Surnames: Kennedy/Logan/Rodgers
Having problems tracing any birth record for David Kennedy married to Anne Logan born in Beith Ayrshire around 1806-1812?His parents names were David Kennedy married to Mary Rodgers 1/1/1800 in Dalry Ayrshire Scotland.I found his parents marriage records ,and his death certificate,marriage certificate but no record of his birth or of his parents birth.Can anyone help, or give me advice on where I am going wrong!!!!!

Re: Tracing David Kennedy born 1806?Beith Ayrshire Scotland

Posted: 13 Feb 2008 11:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kennedy
Have had a look but the only one that is possible is a David Kennedy born 16/05/1806 but it only gives the fathers name David Kennedy.

Jean

Posted: 13 Feb 2008 11:49PM GMT
Surnames: Kennedy/Logan/Rodgers
Thanks for the quick reply,just looked at his death certificate he died on 1st may 1882 and he was 70 so Ithink maybeIgot the date wrong and it is 1812????Is there any way of tracing his father David Kennedy or mother Mary Rodgers birth details!!!They got married in Dalry Ayrshire and his proffession was a Carter !!thats all I know.
Thankyou for yor help.

Posted: 14 Feb 2008 4:25PM GMT
Here is what I found regarding your Kennedys:

David Kennedy married Mary Roger in Beith on 17 January 1800 (Familysearch.org EXTraction Record BATCH M115812)

1841 for Beith - Gateside

David Kennedy 60 Ag. Lab
Mary (ROGER) Kennedy 60 b. Beith
Margaret Kennedy 25
Paila, William 8 months (this was a transcription and it could not be read so the last name is probably wrong)

1851 for Beith 10 Broadside Road - Gateside

David Kennedy 80 (appears to be a wrong date) Carter b. Beith
Mary (ROGER) Kennedy 68 Ornamental Sewer- Muslin b. Dalry

David Kennedy married Ann Logan on 9 August 1837 in Kilbirnie (FamilySearch.org - EXTraction Record BATCH M115964)

In the 1841 Census for Kilbirnie on Connilstone

David Kennedy 25 Ag Lab
Ann (LOGAN) Kennedy 20
Robert 3
Jean 1

In the 1851 Census for Kilbirnie - Meadowside

David Kennedy 38 Labourer born in Beith
Ann (LOGAN) Kennedy 34 - b. Kilbirnie
Robert Kennedy 13 Kilbirnie
Jean Kennedy 11 Kilbirnie
Mary Kennedy 9 Kilbirnie
Ann Kennedy 6 Kilbirnie
Margaret Kennedy 6 Kilbirnie
David Kennedy 4 Kilbirnie
William Kennedy 1 Kilbirnie

Census found at http://freecen.rootsweb.com/ go down to SEARCH THE DATABASE and click

There are others in Beith with the name ROGER without an 's'

Posted: 14 Feb 2008 8:11PM GMT
Thankyou so much for all the information you found for me.The info on David Kennedy and Mary Rodgers is great maybe Iwill be able to work out their birth dates or find their death certificates which might provide me with some more info.
David Kennedy and Ann Logan are my gg grandparents Ihave been able to trace the Logan side right back ,and David Kennedy and Mary Rodgers are my ggg grandparents .
Thankyou once again.

Posted: 7 Jul 2008 1:37PM GMT
Hi there,
I am at the same point of tracing as you are.David Kennedy who married Mary Rodger is as far back on the Kennedys as I can get so far.This David Kennedy was my gggg grandfather!!I wonder if you are related to a Jenny McIlroy? I have an old photo of her taken with my late mother and her siblings at Mount Stuart in Rothesay. For your ref I am now tracing Mary Rodger who died 2/12/1860 at Bridgeton Glasgow.Buried ao Southern Necropolis.

Posted: 27 Jul 2008 9:37AM GMT
Hi,

Just seen your reply,thanks!David Kennedy and Mary Rodgers were my gggg grandparents!!!
If I find any info further I will let you know.
Do you know the Mcilroy side of the family? My father was Philip William Mcilroy born Rothesay Isle of Bute.

I had an aunty called Jenny,Kate,Peggy,Issabelle Mcilroy do you think they maybe the same?If so I would love a copy of the picture you mentioned.

Regards

Fiona
per page

Find a board about a specific topic