Search for content in message boards

william & Martha Bork

william & Martha Bork

Posted: 2 Aug 2012 2:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
I would love any information on William & Martha Bork, they were my great aunt and uncle. They owned a butcher shop in Antigo, both were born in Germany

Re: william & Martha Bork

Posted: 3 Aug 2012 1:20AM GMT
What were there birth and death dates?

Posted: 3 Aug 2012 1:34AM GMT
I don't know if you have a subscription to Ancestry, but William Bork's passport application is there.

William Bork
born February 15, 1873 in Nedlin, Germany
Father, Albert Bork, born in Germany now deceased
William emmigrated to US from Rotterdam, Holland on January 19, 1902 and has resided in United States from 1902-1923
He was naturalized in the Circuit Court of Langlade County at Antigo on November 9, 1908
Intends to travel to Germany (for settlement of inheritance) and to France and England (for a visit) and plans to leave about June 5, 1923 from New York and plans to return within 6 nmonths.

1920 Census, Antigo, Langlade County
William Bork age 4? born Germany
Martha Bork age 40 born Germany
Gertrude A. Bork, age 15, born Wisconsin

Posted: 3 Aug 2012 1:41AM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2012 1:48AM GMT
At www.ellisisland.org there is a ships list with Willy Bork, age 28, butcher, and his wife Martha Bork, age 23. They came from Berlin through Liverpool England, and arrived in New York on January 30, 1902

If you haven't been to the Ellis island site before, you can register for free to view the records.

Cemetery listing for William and Martha
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~wilangl2/cemeteries/elmwoo...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions