Welcome William Hodges: Dec 28,1771. Probated Aug 17, 1772. [DB10, p244-6]
To Sons, Benjamin and William Hodges, 100 acres of
land which has heretofore been
deeded to them.. To son Jesse the rest of the
tract of land I live on, my wife Ann
Hodges, to have the privilege of living on this tract if
she so chooses to do so. All stock
of horses, cows, hogs, and household furniture at the
decease of my wife Ann to my daughters: Ursaly Hodges, Ann Hodges and Susanna Hodges and their heirs, my wife to have same as long as she lives.
Ex: Sons William and Jesse Hodges
Wit: John Hill Junr., Moses Parrish, and Spencer Norvell.
[Ref. Abstracts of Wills from Goochland Co, VA 1727-1777]

Benjamin W. Hodges

Posted: 29 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Nov 2008 5:27PM GMT
Surnames: Hodges, Wood
BENJAMIN WATKINS HODGES (7/26/1829-6/19/1916)) m. Judith "ANGELINE" WOOD , Bedford County, VA. Would like to know if anyone has connected him to WILLIAM HODGES of Goochland, VA. Any information will be welcomed. Thanks!

SPENCER NORVELL

rebecca vincent (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Nov 2008 5:28PM GMT
Surnames: NORVELL

CAN YOU TELL ME MORE ABOUT SPENCER NORVELL OF VA. IS HE RELATED TO WILLIAM NORVLL WHO WAS A SIGNER OF THE CONSTITUTION? ANY INFO IS VERY APPRICATED. THANKS

Benj. Hodges

James B. Hodge (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Nov 2008 5:28PM GMT
Surnames: Hodges
I am an African-American who is trying to trace his roots through the 1700s. I am now back to 1815 (Bedford Hodge)whoses parents are from VA. Bedford Migrated to Tenn. and on to Texas by 1850 as a slave. I live in VA and spend spare time at the National Archives, and Arlington Central Library. I intend to move on to other areas in the local area for research. I am trying to track down the family that owned this grandparent and his parents. This person Benjamin show up in the 1790 senses and the Virginia senses as owning a slave. I am only tracking those Hodges and Hodge families that own slaves. I am trying to find the ones that moved from Va-Tenn.-Tx. Lets try to swap information.

Re: Benjamin W. Hodges

Posted: 15 Jun 2002 4:13AM GMT
Edited: 3 Feb 2009 12:02AM GMT
Surnames: Hodges
I am searching for information on William Hodges of Goochland, i.e. Albermarle Co area, VA. It appears that Willilam had a son named Benjamin b. 1780 in Albermarle Co.
Do you have any information on William Hodges?

Re: Benj. Hodges

Posted: 2 Feb 2009 6:41AM GMT
Surnames: HODGE
Bedford Hodge and his brother arrived in Texas Just after the battle of the Alamo
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions