Search for content in message boards

Pucketts of Gwinnett Co. Georgia Ancestry Book

Posted: 4 Mar 2009 2:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Puckett
I have in my posession a book put together by a Robert Puckett of Georgia. This book was put together back in 1981 and it's titled "Richard and Elizabeth Puckett of Gwinnett County, Georgia and Some of Their Decendents. I would love to talk hear from anyone who knows anything about who wrote it or who knows about it.

Re: Pucketts of Gwinnett Co. Georgia Ancestry Book

Posted: 9 Mar 2009 5:31PM GMT
You may get many replies to your post as we're a big family and everyone knew Robert and his wife Virginia. Robert was a cousin of mine and passed away four or five years ago. Is there specific information you'd like to know?

Posted: 9 Mar 2009 7:23PM GMT
Hi, I am a decendent from the Virginia line. I would love a copy and am willing to pay for the coping. Please feel free to contact me here or on my email at fmhistory@aol.com

Posted: 9 Mar 2009 9:50PM GMT
well if you would like you could give me some names and i will compare them with the book and if there is a match I can just scan in each page and send them to you? if not we could go about it another way.

Posted: 9 Mar 2009 9:53PM GMT
yes the pucketts are a very big family! I had someone on another board hoping that her ancestors would be in this book but sadly they werent. (at least not through the names she gave me)

Was your cousin the same Robert that lived on poplar st. in doraville Georgia?

There wasent much I wanted to know I was just curious to know if he was still alive and ever wondered what happened to his book.

Posted: 25 Mar 2009 5:42PM GMT
Yes, that's the very same one. After he finished his research, he ordered a small printing run of the book and offered them to members of the family. I imagine you've stumbled across one of those. I have a copy myself that I've scanned into a single PDF file.

Posted: 28 Mar 2010 10:30PM GMT
I know this post is a year old but I just saw it today. I also have a copy of this book. My mother Ella Mae Guyton Walden was a cousin of Robert's and he contacted her about purchasing one. She said most of the info was correct but there were several things she disputed. Her mother (my gmother) was Alice Matilda Puckett (p37) daughter of John Wesley and Sara Jane Abernathy.

Posted: 20 Oct 2010 6:19AM GMT
Surnames: Mashburn, Holmes, Beck, Puckett, Fulton
I also have a copy of the book that Robert sent me in 1983. My immediate question is not included in the book but in a letter Robert mailed later to me about the Becks, specifically "Old Granny Beck," who married Dock Davis. I have loads of questions. Would you contact me, please:

yvonnemashburnschmiddt@hotmail.com

Thank you!

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 12:36AM GMT
I have been searching for the parents of Magina Puckett who married Telghman Niblett for a long time. It is said they married in Gwinnette County Georgia in 1830s. Does the book go back this far?

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 1:44PM GMT
It does go back that far, I will check and see if I can find those names listed in this Puckett line.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic