mitchell

mitchell

sharon mitchell (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: mitchell, bucher
please help;

iam trying to find info on curtis mitchell born;c/a
1823 he married penelope radford c/a 1840.

next iam looking for his daughter a mrs john bucher thats all i know from the newspaper artical dated;apil-25-1895

please help if you can;

thanks ,

s.mitchell

mitchell's of wayne\\johnston co

sharon mitchell (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: mitchell
hello,k.hood,

i got your response to my query on curtis mitchell.you wanna
exchange info on the mitchell family of wayne and johnston co? the reason i wanted to know more on curtis is because he is my earlist mitchell i can prove realatinship to.and i think his father was george mitchell.as for anymore mitchell's out of wayne and johnston co i probaly have a family sheet done on them ,give me a couple more names and i will let you know. are you related to the mitchell family?

thanks again

s. mitchell

Curtis Mitchell

K. Hood (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mitchell, Adams
In reply to Curtis Mitchell, I also am doing research on the Mitchell Surname from Johnston/Wayne County. Any info, please reply. Thanks.

Mitchell

K. Hood (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mitchell, Adams
Hi Sharon,

Thanks for your reply. I am trying to find information on my gggrandmother whom was named Martha Mitchel. She is supposed to have married a Jesse Adams but we are having trouble locating him. We are unsure who her parents are but we did find a Jesse Adams that married a Mary Mitchell in the 1860's and we are trying to decipher whether this is the same Martha. (her name may have been Mary Martha Mitchell) We are suspecting that if this is correct that her father is Stephen Mitchell married to a Kitsey Mitchell. I have found them on Wayne and Johnston County Census records. We still have more research to do to exclude this Mary Mitchell or not. Any information you have would be greatly appreciated and if I have anything you may want, just let me know. I have several Mitchell's from Wayne County, One of them being Stephen Mitchell, (spelled Mitchele) Henry Mitchell,William Mitchell,Rhubin Mitchell, Morris Mitchell and Curtis Mitchell. (all on Wayne County 1850 census). They must be kin because they lived next door to each other Please see what you have and see if we can find Martha Mitchell. Thank you so much.

Mitchell-Talton Connection

Posted: 16 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2001 4:39PM GMT
Surnames: Talton-Tarlton, Capps, Woodard, Lynch
I have a Mary Talton of Johnston County NC my Great Aunt who married a Mr. ?George? Mitchell, widower of Wayne and
Johnston Cos. of NC. She was the mother of Winston Mitchell and another son whose father was the aboved mentioned Mitchell.
My understanding has always been that this Mr. Mitchell had
children by his first wife, but I never knew their names, but was told by my father that his Aunt Mary Talton Mitchell and her husband Mr. Mitchell raised the children of his first marriage. Have no proof that this is your line.
Hope this may be of help. Good luck and good hunting. Westa Talton Morris NNVA9/16/2000

Talton-Mitchell

Posted: 22 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Talton, Capps, Lynch, Woodard, Mitchell, Bridgers, Boon-Boone
Susan: Thank you for your reply. The information I have is as follows: 1.) Mary J. Talton b. ca.1867 Johnston County- may have been Wayne County since her family lived almost on the JoCo.-Wayne Co. line near the little town of Princeton-Boonhill Twnsp. Johnston County, NC.
She married a George Mitchell ca. 1896 Jo.Co.-Wayne Co.
Mary's parents were Turner Revister Talton-Tarlton and Mary Ann Davis whose father was William Davis. The Davis & Talton-Tarlton were Free Will Baptist and Quarkers.
1.)Mary J. Talton Mitchell siblings were:
2.)James Maxton Talton: who married Edith TALTON dau of Irdell Talton. James was called Jim-named for his Grandfather JamesW.(ashington)(Jim-Jimmie-JW Talton. He was the son of Jonathan and Mary Talton.
3.)Dudley Lee Talton. Dudley married twice- d. Hopewell Va.had 2 sons one lived and died Mt. Holly NC other Lived in Miss. by his first wife. 1 dau by his 2nd wife.
4.)Martin Van Buren Talton (Van-Vann:my grandfather married Sarah Jane Capps dau of Henry Gray Capps son of Lewis Capps.
5.)Rufus H.Talton; married a Davis Lv. Wayne Co. d. NewJersey or Pocamoca City Md. or Va. He disapeared many-many years ago and was only located 2 years ago from death and burial records found by his grandaughter. He was always the family mystery. Found reason why from a 1895- 1897 Smithfield Herald Newspaper article a number of year ago.
6.)William Asa (Acie-Acy) Talton: married Fannie Hines. Lived on the Progress Church Road outside of Princeton NC and had children- the one I knew was named Alan Talton and he died at the homeplace not too long ago and is buried I beleive
in the William Asa Talton family Graveyard out back of the house near the Creek. Graveyard has stones marking the graves.
7.)Sarah A. Talton: married Murray Hollowell of Stevens Mill, Wayne Co. NC. b.1875// m.20 Nov. 1901 d. 13 Jan. 1944 Wayne Co. 63 years old from death certificate
8.)Hettie Talton: married David (Dave Eason) Had one dau. who married Clayton Davis.
The other son of George and Mary J. Talton Mitchell name was Edmound S. Mitchell. Also have another record of Winston Mitchell -Edmounds brother - that reads, Winston name was George Winston Mitchell,Jr.
Edmound Mitchell b. 9 Sept.1904 Wayne Co.NC.
Winston Mitchell traveled back and forth from Fla. to New York. He was in the hotel busines and would always stop to visit with us in Va. and get a yearly check-up at the Veterans hospital at Kecoughtan, Phoebus-Hampton Va.
He encouaged me when I was just a young girl to do my family history since every TALTON-TARLTON-TARLETON generation had TALTON men who served in all the Wars for freedom for this country from the-Indian Wars thru his, Winston's time of service WWI and II.

INFORMATION ON GEORGE WINSTON MITCHELL,SR.
By my notes I have the above George,Sr. -by his first wife-
the following named children;
1.)Roxey(Roady) E. b.ca.1887
2.)B.E. b. ca. 1890
3.)Adelia b. ca. 1893

Susan there is more detailed information on these families-
I have some documented and some not. Be glad to share what I have.

Thru Mary J. Talton Mitchell if it is a direct line of yours you would be qualified to be a member of the U.D.C. and the D.A.R. by Mary J. Talton Mitchells father Turner Revister Talton-Tarlton who served with the Confederate Army during the War Between the States and was at the surrender at Appomatox Court House 1865. For membership in the D.A.R. you qualify thru the service of James Talton-son of Old William Tarlton who died Jo.Co. 1791 Jo.Co.NC.
Also you can qualify for Colonial Dames thru OLD William Tarlton-Talton for the assistance he gave to the Colonial
troops during the Revolutionary War.

I hope all of what I have sent to you will be of interest to you.Please let me know one way or the other.
Good luck and good hunting....I am, Sincerely,

Westa Talton Morris 9/22/2000 NNVA
PS. Greatgrandfather Turner R. Talton-Tarlton also raised a set of twins Charney and Junie both males-sons of John B.
Wilkins and Susannah "Sudie" Fields who was the dau of Blaney Fields and a __________Talton relationof mine.
In some records I have viewed it is shows MY GREATGRAND- FATHER... TURNER TALTON-TARLTON AS .....JAMES TURNER TALTON WHICH IS INCORRECT. GR.GRANDFATHERS NAME WAS TURNER REVISTER TALTON-TARLTON AND HIS FATHER WAS JAMES W. TALTON-TARLTON. I HAVE TRIED REPEATLY TO CORRECT THIS WORK DONE BY A WILLIAMSON WOMAN, BUT WITH NO SUCESS. EVERYBODY MAKES ERRORS, EVEN ME, BUT I DO MAKE AN EFFORTS TO CORRECT MY RESEARCH WHEN NECESSARY. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR CONTINUING WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN SENT DOCUMENTED PROOF AND ASK TO MAKE CORRECTIONS OF ONES FAMILY HISTORY. I FEEL VERY STRONG ABOUT THIS SORT OF THING AND I THINK ANYONE WHO WANTS CREDITABILITY OF THEIR RESEARCH WOULD FEEL THE SAME. wtm/2000

Talton/Martin/Mitchell Connection

Posted: 22 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 10:40PM GMT
Surnames: Talton, Martin, Mitchell

Karen, If you could give me a time frame on when the marriage of Mary Talton to your Mitchell was I probablly have lots of info I'd be happy to share.Please try to provide me with dates of birth or death or either names of mary's parents or siblings.Do you have any of the same info on the mitchell side of the family as well.County(s) of their birth. Especially related to Johnston and Wayne CO Good Luck, Susan Dean Hilliard

Mitchell/Elmore families

LeAnne Aycock (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mitchell, Elmore
I am looking for info on Mitchell and Elmore ancestors in Johnston County.
My great-great grandparents were W.G. and Patience Mitchell.
Their son was Allen Walter Mitchell---he married Hattie Lee
Nora(?)Elmore on 9/4/1907 at Pickney Church.
Allen Walter Mitchell was born 2/1/1881 and died 10/17/29.
Hattie Lee Nora Elmore was born 11/14/1884 and died 10/13/39
They had 2 sons(that I know about) and one daughter--my grandmother. Their names were Joseph Malcom, Harvey Floyd and Ola Ethel.
I am trying to find info to verify possible Native American ancestry on the Elmore side and I need more info
on the Mitchell family to start. Any help you can give will
be greatly appreciated.
LeAnne Aycock

Bridgers Family Johnston Co. NC.

Posted: 14 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bridgers
My Bridgers lived almost on the Johnston County and Wayne Co line on State Route 1007(the old Goldsboro-Smithfield Road)around 1880-1935. I do not have any of the names you ask about in my line at this time. Will be in touch if I find any later.
Good luck and Good Hunting! Sincerely, Westa
Posted: 14 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 6:40PM GMT
Surnames: Bridgers, Medlin, Brannen, Nichols
Your message showed Bridgers as family you are reseaching.
Do you have any knowledge of George Bridgers(c1800-c1850)
that married Elizabeth "Dillie" Nichols? One of his sons, Samuel Bridgers, married Narcissa Medlin.
Joanne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic