Search for content in message boards

Codys of Yonkers, NY/ Bridgeport, CT/Providence, RI

Codys of Yonkers, NY/ Bridgeport, CT/Providence, RI

Posted: 10 Apr 2007 7:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cody, Coady
I am looking for info on my great-grandfather-Matthew David Cody-born in 1890. His mother's name was Bridget Wall but she later married a McGrath. Bridget Wall-McGrath died in 1929 or 1930.

Matthew David Cody was the youngest of nine children James, (Jim) was the oldest child and born in Bridgport, Ct. I also know that my G Grandfather had a sister named Katherine (Kate) McGrath (she married a McGraw) and another sister named Anna Knowles who later married Ed Strickney.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! coleary@hotmail.com

Re: Codys of Yonkers, NY/ Bridgeport, CT/Providence, RI

Posted: 9 Jan 2010 4:44AM GMT
My grandmother, Mary Theresa Cody, married William Donnelly at St. Augustine's Church in 1901. Her sister's name was Bridget. She married a guy last name Gavin. Bridget returned to Ireland. Mary moved to Michigan for 7 years then returned to Bridgeport. She and her husband died in 1916. Buried at St. Michael's Cemetery in Bridgeport. There may be other relatives in area named O'Keefe. That's all I know about her. Her six children were scattered. Met again as adults but few memories.

Re: Codys of Yonkers, NY/ Bridgeport, CT/Providence, RI

Posted: 17 Mar 2014 7:06PM GMT
I have been researching the Knowles family as part of my research into the Lee family in Yonkers. Anna Edna Cody born in CT in 1891 married William Anthony Knowles on 21 May 1911 in Yonkers. They had one daughter Martha Marie born in 1912. William and Anna separated ( divorce) and she Edward Howell Stickney ( 1885-1973) married sometime around 1925. Martha went to live with her mother and stepfather in the Bronx. Martha later married Ferrall Hetherington in 1942. They also divorced. I do not know if they had children.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic