Search for content in message boards

Bailey, Tarleton

Bailey, Tarleton

Robyn Bailey (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bailey
I am looking for any information anyone has on Tarleton or Tarlton Bailey b.March 5, 1794 d. Oct. 30 1874. He lived in Lee Co. VA. Thank you for your help.
Thanks,
Robyn
Robyn32969@aol.com

Bailey, Tarleton

Carol (Barker)Hall (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
I know of a Tipton Bailey, born to John and Mary Baile,lived between Keokee, Va. and Cloverfork, Kentucky.
if you think this is your person, e-mail me I have more.

Thank you

Carol(Barker)Hall

5577 Cloverlick rd.

Cumberland, Kentucky

Re: Bailey, Tarleton

Posted: 14 Jul 2004 2:44PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jan 2005 1:39PM GMT
Surnames: Bailey, Baily, Baley, Wheeler
Tarleton/Tarlton/Talton Bailey/Baily/Baley
probably born Albemarle County, VA

in Albemarle Census 1820, p36a (listed next to Parks Bailey)
in Lee Census 1830, p 294 (listed next to Parks Baley)

Parks shown in 1850 as 77 (Lee Co., Dist 31, p 374, line 29, dwelling 975, household 1004 (with Charles Bailey, 34)

PLEASE -- your source for the precise birth and death dates of Tarleton? other references to the family in that source?

Albemarle County Marriage records show
Tarlton Bailey bond 5 Dec 1816 to marry Malinda Wheeler; married 5 Dec by Benjamin Burger; Parks Bailey security on bond; dau of Fanny Wheeler; Malinda gave own consent, witnessed by Benjamin Porter, William Bailey and Parks Bailey

Parks Bailey bond 5 Oct 1822 to marry Frances Wheeler (she may have been a widow, mother of Malinda); married 16 Oct by Benjamin Ficklin; two bonds were filed - first with Wilson Bailey as security, second with Tarlton Bailey as security; Tarlton affirmed that Frances was over 21.

Parks Bailey mentioned as son in will of John Bailey, 1792, Alb Co WB 3, p 168

Would like to have any information on Parks or close relations.

Posted: 29 May 2010 7:08PM GMT
Tarlton Bailey was born March 5, 1794 in St Anne Parish, Albemarle, Virginia. He married Malinda Wheeler on Dec 12, 1816.
His second marriage was to Elizabeth Hudson April 18, 1841

Tarlton died October 31, 1874 in Lafayette Township,Clinton County, Missouri.

I have record of 13 children but have yet to verify the information.

Susan
susanmiller_001@yahoo.com

Posted: 14 Dec 2010 3:42AM GMT
Surnames: Baley and Province
Dear Susan,

Did Tarlton have a daughter named Susannah by any chance? I am researching a John Province who married a Susannah Baley in 1839 in Claiborne County Tennessee (Many Lee County marriages are recorded in Claiborne due to travel conditions.)

In 1840 John is living in the same vicinity as Tarleton Baley and has a young child between 1 and 5 (female) but no woman the same age as him as a wife.

He remarried in 1841 and my working theory is that Susannah may have died giving birth to the child shortly after they were married.

Any help?

Thanks
Ed C

Posted: 7 Nov 2012 7:21PM GMT
Surnames: Bailey, Tarlton
Dear Ed C

Yes Tarlton and Elizabeth Hudson Bailey had a daughter named Susan. They called her "Susie", she was born March 24, 1845 in Claiborne County, Tenn.

I have not located death information on Susie

Susan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic