Sanders/American Indian

Sanders/American Indian

Sanders/American Indian (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2000 1:32PM GMT
Searching for Sanders/American Indian(possibly Cherokee) connection

Sanders/Native American

D. Sanders (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2000 8:46PM GMT
Sanders family from GA. Migrated to New Jersey in early 1900s. Some Native American lineage, possibly Cherokee but uncertain.

Sorry cannot give more information. Seeking to find more myself.

cherokee Sanders

Helen (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2000 2:02AM GMT
what Sanders given name are you searching for. My husband is descendant of Susannah(Bird Clan of the Cherokee)and Mitchell Sanders

Lester L. Sanders

Melissa Seymour (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2000 8:29AM GMT
My grandfather, Lester, was of Native American decent, though I'm not sure what tribe. He was born in San Angelo, TX on November 22, 1916 (?), married Estelle Bailey back in the late 1930s, and passed away on July 12, 1999. He had two sisters, Ruth and Ann. He and Estelle had two children, a son who lives in Washington State and a daughter who lives in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. If anyone has additional information, such as Lester's parents names, any dates, etc., please email me at seymour.melissa@orbimage.com.

Sanders/MO/Cherokee

Lori (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2000 6:07AM GMT
My great-grandfather was James Sanders. He was full blood Cherokee (don't have given indian name yet). I know one of his kids name was Charley O. (this was my grandfather). I have more information being sent to me by my aunt who has spent years trying to piece this together for the family. I do know that our line goes into OK., AR., and MO. for sure. There was 2 Sanders families in Mountain Grove, MO. but they were not related to each other. I will post again when I receive the information.
Posted: 4 Aug 2000 11:41PM GMT
Edited: 24 Oct 2001 7:43PM GMT
Hi Helen, I hope all those looking for Sanders will read this. I have been looking for sanders for a long time, so it is so good see you all looking, it does not seem so hopeless.I am looking for William Sanders. b. in Wash DC in 1859, his parents, whom I do not know were living in MD at the same time. William was part Cherokee/English.In 1896 he was in Ok, married my grandma there but was previously married, 3 kids in KS, oldest born in 1880, so which means he was in KS then but cannot find him or the kids.If anyone run accross him let know, please. Joyce

Jannie Sanders from Little Rock,AR

Posted: 7 Aug 2000 10:05PM GMT
Edited: 13 Mar 2002 2:14AM GMT
I am searching for a Jannie Sanders, supposedly full native american, who married J. A. Burkes. Their son, Howard Daniel Burkes born in 1920 in Little Rock, AR.That is all the info I have.

Your query re' Sanders N/A heritage

Posted: 13 Aug 2000 5:32AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 8:12PM GMT
Would like to exchange information on the above.
My ancestor, Eli Sanders born @ 1799 VA
supposedly had N/A mother but have absolutely
no information on either of his parents or
any siblings of Eli. He married Nancy Jane
Campbell in 1827, Madison County, AL. Contact
me at gen@dixie-net.com.

Mitchell Sanders

Posted: 3 Feb 2001 11:28AM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 8:55PM GMT
Helen
Do you have a Samuel Sanders who married Sela in your line? He was born in NC about 1830 and moved to Dubois County,Indiana.

Re: cherokee Sanders

Posted: 20 Jan 2002 6:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Jul 2002 5:33PM GMT
Surnames: Sanders, Birdclan
I was just looking through the messages and noticed your husband is ancestor to Susannah Bird Clan-I am as well. I wonder if this is correct, though-My uncle has researched this and her husband was Micheal Sanders (date period was around 1747)-Does this sound right to you? If so, please email me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions