FAMILY SEARCH

FAMILY SEARCH

SIMS (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2001 8:43PM GMT
SIMS OF UNION,SOUTH CAROLINA

Sims famill in Union, SC

rosalyn (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2001 11:53AM GMT
My African-American Sims family is from Union, South Carolina.
Do you have specific people that you are looking for?

SIMS FAMILY/S.C.

WARREN SIMS (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2001 4:28PM GMT
I DO HAVE SOME GENOLOGICALINFORMATION ON THE AFRICAN-AMERICAN SIMS OF UNION, S.C.

Sims in Union

rosalyn (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2001 7:40AM GMT
That is geat. My entire family on both sides is from there and many still live there. I have gone back as far as the mid 1800's but now I am stuck. Any info you have would be great. If I can help you let me know. Please email me at rsims_mccallum@hotmail.com

African-American Sims Family Union, South Carolina

Posted: 29 Mar 2001 8:23AM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2001 5:09PM GMT
Both maternal great great great grandparents were Sims. I am searching for any information pertaining to Martin Sims, born abt. 1837 and Qiatte(sp)born abt. 1830 (source 1880 Union County, Fisdam Township Federal Census. Sophie Sims and Eliza Sims, was told that both lived on the same plantation. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Please contact me via e-mail: ddavis2324@aol.com.

Thanks so much for willing to share.
Doris

sims family south corolina

warren sims (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2001 2:07PM GMT
EDWARD PHILLIP SILMS WAS BORN IN CARLYLE, A SMALL TOWN EIGHTEEN MILES OUTSIDE OF UNION, SOUTH CAROLINA ON JANUARY 14, 1899 FROM THE MARIAGE OF AGUSTUS SIMS AND MADORA LYLES. AGUSTUS WAS BORN AUGUST 9, 1859 ABD PASSED IN JERSEY CITY, NEW JERSEY APRIL 3, 1940. MADORA WAS BORN MARCH 9, 1863 AND PASSED IN FEBURARY 9, 1947. BOTH WERE BURIED ILN THE ST LUKIE CEMETERY IN CARLYLE, SOUTH CAROLINA.
AGUSTUS AND MADORA WERE MARRIED AROUND 1878 IN UNION COUNTY AND FROM THIS MARRIAGE, SIXTEEN CHILDREN WERE BORN WITH THILRTEEN SURVIVING TO ADULTHOOD. THERE WERE SEVEN GIRLS; INEZ, LIZZIE, ELMLIRA, ANNIE, SELTANA AND MARY. THERE WERE SIX BOYS; BRAZELLE, AGUSTUS, WILLIAM, CHARLES, FRANK AND EDWARD PHILLIP(MY FATHER).
Posted: 26 Apr 2001 7:36PM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2001 5:09PM GMT
Thanks Warren. I will take a closer look at your Sims information. I too have a Mary Sims Tucker buried in the St. Luke Methodist Cemetery. She had a brother named Edward. Will keep you apprised of any further findings and/or links.

Doris

Re: sims family south corolina

Posted: 16 Oct 2002 1:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am so excited to see this message. Seltana SIMS is my grandmother, although she spelled her name Sultana. Please e mail me so we can share info. I see in the 1920 census that the family was listed as mulatto, although Sultana was presumably white. She must have "passed" as white.She married and had 9 children.

Re: sims family south corolina

Posted: 17 Oct 2002 11:36AM GMT
Edited: 1 Mar 2003 7:46PM GMT
Both my maternal and paternal line is Sims and I am interested in comparing notes with you. The farthest I've been able to go back on my maternal line is to Waller/Walter/William who was born in Virginia but married his wife Mary Bradley around 1815 in the Abbeville District of South Carolina. I am in North Carolina at the present time (I believe), Columbus County, Bladen, Robeson, with William Sims Sr., who married Mary Soule. I believe that William's parents were William Sims who married Margaret Gray. Also, I believe that this William's father was James Sims, Sr. who died 02 November 1741 and who married Sarah Willis. Would you please look at my Sims line on my web page, http://www.theseverts.net I can be reached at dsevert@cox.net. Both Sims lines migrated to the southern part of Alabama around Pike, Lowndes, Butler, Coffee and Crenshaw Counties.

Joyce Sims Severt

Re: African-American Sims Family Union, South Carolina

Posted: 21 Oct 2012 4:24PM GMT
Greeting Doris,

My name is Ralph Davis and I'm the grandson of Minnie Jeter and Arenious Curenton from Carlisle SC. My great Aunt is Sisly Curenton Savage, Adam Curenton and Sarah Curenton Whitener.

Clethel Sims Hodges mother of George Hodges (Rooster) is my cousin. I'll send you a email as well as look you up on facebook.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions