Search for content in message boards

Samuel Williams-Hornbeck, Lousiana

Samuel Williams-Hornbeck, Lousiana

Richard (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2003 10:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Curiously seeking any info on Samuel Williams 1/26/1797 - 7/3/1857, last known residence was Hornbeck, Louisiana. He was a Methodist minister. Was a drummer boy in War of 1812. Wife was Nancy Perkins 1801-1888. All of his 8 sons fought in the Civil War. His children: Benjamin, Thomas, Eliza, Josiah, Samuel L, Lorenzo Dow, James Madison, Jessie A, John W, and Mary.

Re: Samuel Williams-Hornbeck, Lousiana

Posted: 29 Dec 2003 9:44PM GMT
Edited: 21 Sep 2006 5:39PM GMT
Richard,
Your Samuel is the brother to my 3rd-Great grandfather, Simon Williams. All the names seem to match, except I have Nancy Perkins as a Parker. he was also married to a Elizabeth Woodall.. Their father William Williams sr.& Simon fought with the 13th and 14th consolidated La. militia during the war. Simon moved to Rankin co. Ms. and had several sons/grandsons who fought in the civil war, one being my 2nd great grandfather John who died at Vicksburg. If you look at my post on Ancestry.com you will see Simons children. Please e-mail me at trojanraider73 @ hotmail.com. It looks as though we are cousins. We have a cousin that has written several books and now lives near the old Williams settlement in the Bougaluosa area. We originate from a John Williams that came to America in 1667 from Wales.
Thanks for your reply in advance,
Bob Williams

Posted: 9 Oct 2006 4:47PM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Parker
I also have Samuel's wife as Nancy Parker (b. 4/29/1801 d. 3/7/1881) m. 4/8/1817 in St. Tammany Parish, LA.

This Samuel Williams was my gggg grandfather. I am descended from his son Josiah who moved his family to Homer, Angelina County, TX.

Samuel was buried at Old Home Place in Hornbeck, LA in July 1857. I show his occupation as a Methodist minister and farmer. In the war of 1812, he served with the 12th and 13th consolidated Regiment Louisiana Militia.

Posted: 7 Nov 2012 10:44PM GMT
I am a ggg grandson on Rev. Samuel Williams ...one of his sons was Josiah....Josiah's son was Isaac Newton Williams who is my fathers dad...Gordon Henry Williams...I have some information on this....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic