John M. Butler

Posted: 18 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 1:25PM GMT
Surnames: Butler, Menton, Brodeur
Source: Berkshire Eagle

John M. Butler

Friday August 13, 1999

DALTON -- John M. "Jack" Butler, 95, of 34 Weston Ave. died Wednesday evening at Craneville Place of Dalton, where he had resided since Dec. 28, 1995.

Born in Easthampton on Nov. 14, 1903, son of William M. and Edna Menton, he attended schools there.

He was a World War I Army veteran.

Mr. Butler was employed by Bancroft Paper Mills in Bancroft for 11 years, and later as a fireman for 16 years at Berkshire Medical Center. He retired in 1975. He was also employed at one time by the former Butler-Ullman Florist in Northampton for several years.

His wife, the former Florence M. Brodeur, whom he married April 15, 1927, died Feb. 10, 1980.

He leaves a daughter, Mrs. Janice M. Mangano of Dalton; a son, Jerrald M. Butler of Bellingham; eight grandchildren, and seven great-grandchildren. A son, Denford N. Butler of St. Petersburg, Fla., died Jan. 9, 1998.

FUNERAL NOTICE -- Funeral services for Mr. John M. "Jack" Butler, 95, who died Aug. 11, will be held Saturday at 10 a.m. at DERY-FOLEY FUNERAL HOME, Dalton, with the Rev. Paul Blend officiating. Burial will follow in Bellevue Cemetery, Adams. Calling hours at Dery-Foley Funeral Home will be Friday from 5 to 8 p.m. In lieu of flowers, memorials in his memory may be made to the Bureau For Exceptional Children and Adults, in care of the funeral home.

Re: John M. Butler

Posted: 19 Jul 2005 1:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KELSEY and BRODEUR
I have a Florence M Brodeur, born abt 1875 (NH) who married Royal S Kelsey born about 1872 (NY). I am wondering if she may be the mother or grandmother of the Florence listed in your post. Does anyone have any additional information on this?

Thanks!

Re: John M. Butler

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 4:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
John M. Butler was my Great Grandfather, Denford N. Butler was my Grandfather. I never met John's wife (she died before I was born)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions