Search for content in message boards

EUSON - PALMER family from Cortland County, NY

EUSON - PALMER family from Cortland County, NY

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 10:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: EUSON, PALMER and GROSS
Seeking help with information about Velma (PALMER) who married Clifford EUSON, the s/o Ansel D. Euson and Mary E. (GROSS).

I believe Velma may have been a daughter of Starr PALMER and Neva ?? but unsure. I know Clifford and Velma had a son and two daughters named Robert "Bobby", Carolyn and Darlene.

Can anyone help with the birth and possibly death date and locations for each for Velma and where she may be buried?? Her husband is buried in McGraw Rural Cemetery.

Appreciate any help! Thank you. Kem

Re: EUSON - PALMER family from Cortland County, NY

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 5:52PM GMT
It seems you are correct about Velma's parents:

The DeRuyter Gleaner July 20, 1933

Miss Velma Palmer ,daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Starr Palmer, was married to Clifford Euson of Cortland, at the Congregational parsonage in Homer. Friday evening, June 30, by Rev. G. E. Merriam, pastor of the church.

The bride who is a graduate of DeRuyter high school and Cortland Normal has taught in District No. 1
Oneida and last year was a teacher in Scott.
They will make their home with the bride's parents for a time.

Could Neva's maiden name have been Coon? I found this in the August 30, 1944 Binghamton Press...

Marathon:
Mrs. Hettie Coon of Cortland
is spending this week with her
granddaughter, Mrs. Velma Euson.

I haven't been able to find any obituary for Velma but I did find Clifford's. Do you have it?

Lynn

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 6:30PM GMT
Good information for another lead regarding Velma...thanks for your help! Yes, I do have Clifford's obit...another brick wall though trying to find where Velma is buried...if I can find the location, then dates won't be far behind!

Would you (or anyone out there) have any idea who the caretaker of McGraw Cemetery might be?? Perhaps their records would show if Velma was buried there.

Kem

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 7:11PM GMT
Lynn,

Based on info you provided: bride being graduate of DeRuyter school, I went back and looked for Starr Palmer in Madison County census. Found family on 1930 in Georgetown, Madison County - when I clicked on Neva's name, it took me to other census records with her name.

On the 1900 census for Lincklaen, Chenango County, Neva BUMPUS was 18 years old and living with her parents, A. Henry Pumpus and wife, Hettie (age 31) along with two other siblings and her paternal grandmother, Hannah Bumpus.

I'd be very safe to say that the Hettie Coon you mentioned in 1944 newpaper article, is indeed Velma Palmer's maternal grandmother, only she must have remarried sometime after death of her first husband, A. Henry.

Thanks for your assistance - never even gave it any thought that Velma might not be from Cortland County since the Euson family lived in the Solon - McGraw areas.... Both Neva and Starr are buried in the Hillcrest Cemetery in DeRuyter, NY....checked there but no record of Velma's burial in Find A Grave.com. Oh well....will keep searching!

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 8:36PM GMT
I would agree with you about Hettie being remarried. Which makes me wonder if Velma remarried. She could be buried under a different name.....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic