Search for content in message boards

Manley Circus

Manley Circus

Posted: 3 Sep 2008 11:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Manley Duke
I am looking for any information on the Manley circus. My ggf was Walter Manley and a showman, his father, also Walter was also in the circus as a showman and it appears that his father William was also a showman, but I have been having difficulty find out information, especially on William, he married an Ann Duke. Any info greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Re: Manley Circus

Posted: 22 Apr 2009 5:55PM GMT
Surnames: Manley, BROWN
Hello
I don't know if this will be of any interest to you but I have just learned today that my grandmother was Emma or Emmeline Manley. She was married to my father's father Alfred Edward Brown and on their marriage certificate in 1898 it refers to her father as "George Manley, Circus Proprietor". I don't know any more than that at the moment but I'm about to start researching.
If the above is of interest I would be happy to compare notes when I've researched more.
Regards.

Posted: 22 Apr 2009 6:14PM GMT
My Grandfather was named George Manley and worked the circus. Where was this George married?

Manley Circus

Posted: 23 Apr 2009 11:34AM GMT
I don't know where George Manley was married - haven't been able to research that yet.
His daugther Emma/Emmeline was married at the Register Office in the district of Wandsworth in the county of London - it is on her marriage certificate that George Manley is named as her father, circus proprietor.

Posted: 23 Sep 2009 9:10PM GMT
Hi, my grand father was james manley and his wife was rose. where related to the ball's and the fossett's.

what is your name?

regards

Don Manley

Posted: 23 Sep 2009 9:13PM GMT
Hi, im name is don manley and my grad father was james manley. i belive his brother was george and alf and his sisters where emily, ruby and hettie. i belive there parents where sophie ball and james manley.

what is your name and whos your parents?

regards

Don Manley

Posted: 23 Sep 2009 9:22PM GMT
my grandfatehr was james manley who i belive was george's brother. james was married in thornton heath, south london.

whats your name?

regrads

Don Manley

Posted: 23 Sep 2009 9:27PM GMT
hi, my grandfather was james manley, i belive he is the brother of emily and goerge, also ruby alf and hettie.

regards.

Don Manley

Posted: 5 Jan 2010 1:41AM GMT
Surnames: Manley Brown
My grandfather was Alfred Brown, the older brother of your father. I have quite a bit of information on the Manleys you talk about and some photo's of the circus, including Emaline riding bareback on a horse and Henrietta walking on a large ball.

Please provide a contact number and name so I know who I am about to talk to!

Kind regards
John

Posted: 14 Apr 2010 9:44PM GMT
Surnames: Manley
Hello Don,
Just stumbled accross your post re Manleys.Think we have the same grandfather.I have a lot of information about the Manleys going back to pre 1800 as my mother was James'daughter and appeared in the circus in about 1920/21.Also about great grandfather Alf Ball.Can't quite place where you fit in but guess my mother had some brothers,one of whom must have been your father.Let me know.
Regards,Tony.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic