Search for content in message boards

Pates in Alamabama

Pates in Alamabama

Julie Pate Thayer (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2000 10:44AM GMT
My grandaddy was James Rufus Pate, Sr -Born1-31-1886 and died 8-22-1946.

My daddy was James Rufus Pate, Jr -Born April 29, 1925 and died December 26, 1987.

Both were from Dothan, Alabama. If you have any information concerning my grandaddy's parents, please e-mail me. Thanks.

Rufus Pate

Will Pate (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2000 7:19AM GMT
contact Jeanette Eden
phone: 334/661-6381
she has been tracing the Pates for twenty years and has all the Ala. Pates.

RUFUS PATE

BECKY (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2000 4:31PM GMT
I THINK WE MIGHT BE RELATED. THAT NAME SOUNDS SO FAMILIAR. HAVE YOU HEARD OF WARDEN JACK PATE?

Rufus Pate

Becky (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2000 3:15PM GMT
Hi! Well actually, my daddy went by James or J.R. or his nickname "Skeeter". He never went by Rufus. His dad was James Rufus Pate, Sr. Are you related to any Pates in Alabama? If so, where? I am originally from Dothan, AL. I believe we had some relatives in Ashford, AL as well. Let me hear from you soon. Thanks ------Julie

rufus pate

les olm (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2000 2:31PM GMT
i think rufus pate is the brother of remus a pate bn mar 1848 near cloverport and buried in the olb brickey cem on 105 sw of cloverport. remus is my ggf on my mothers side.

alabama pate's

michelle pate (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2000 9:00PM GMT
I was wondering if you've heard of a Grover Pate{my grandfather}or a Walter Pate from alabama-my Pate side of the family are all from alabama.Thank you!

Walter Pate

PATE (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2000 4:37AM GMT
Only info I have is a Dr. Walter E. Pate, born in Georgia July 16, 1871.
Married: Kittie McLendon
Children:
W.Eugene Pate
Joe Baker Pate
Verna Leverett(Pate)
Sanford Pate
Mittie Edrid Pate (?)
Jack Pate HOPE THIS HELPS

al Pates

Posted: 5 Aug 2000 6:49PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 1:54PM GMT
Could James Rufus Pate have been related to Joel Pate?
E-mail me at bapetersala@hotmail.com
I live in Dothan, al.
Barbara

Pates of Alabama

Cathy (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2001 10:41AM GMT
I just started looking up Pates of AL and they orginated in GA. My Grandmother was Florence Pate and she had siblings named Mattie, Billis (?) Alma, Lonnie, Johnie, Kit and Belle (?). Their mother and father was Jack L. Pate married to Mattie (Snow). Jacks parents were Dr. Walter E. Pate married to Kittie (McLendon) and thir children were W. Eugene Pate, Verna Leverett (Pate) Sanford, Mittie Edrid Pate and Jack Pate. This is as far as I've gottne for now.
Also, listed in Houston County Cemetaries are alot of Pates and Lynns, my grandmother married a Lynn and her sister Kit married John Austin Lynn. You can find some of these in Ashford Cemetery and Liberty Cemetery. I hope this helps someone.

Walter E. Pate

Cathy (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2001 10:06AM GMT
Hi,

This is my great great grandfather. His son Jack Pate is my great grandfather, he married Mattie Snow Pate b. 9/21/1867 d. 9/14/1946.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions