Search for content in message boards

Riffle-Braxton Co. W. Va.

Riffle-Braxton Co. W. Va.

Posted: 5 Dec 2000 7:24PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 12:25AM GMT
I am looking for the parents of Mary Madeline Riffle. She was born in 1907. She married Everett Williams in Braxton County in 1924. She came from a family of 12. Siblings were Tom, Russell, May ???? She moved to Ohio around 1940.

Riffle's of WV

Posted: 9 Dec 2000 3:35PM GMT
Edited: 30 Oct 2001 1:13AM GMT
Am interested in getting in touch with anyone who has information on the Riffle's in WV. Have about 40 names going back to the late 1700's and would be willing to share info.

riffle's in WV

Staci (View posts)
Posted: 20 Dec 2000 6:28PM GMT
HI Dick,

I have Riffle's in West Virginia.All my family comes from West Virginia.My grandfather Eugene Riffle moved to Ohio but other thatn that all of my Riffle's are in West Virginia.Mostly from Upshur,Buckhannon Wv.But I would be interested in any information you have on the Riffle's.Thank you for the kind offer.

Staci Riffle Kimbleton
staci.kimbleton@att.net

Riffle's from WV

mary riffle (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2000 5:29PM GMT
I am originally from WV, was born there and my parents where also from there, if I can be of help. Would also love to have the list of names that you have also. My Grandparents of course where from WV. Awaiting to hear from you

Riffle family

Posted: 22 Dec 2000 5:46PM GMT
Mary,
Got your message. You you please send me your family line to see if we are on the same page. My Riffle line starts with a John Nail Riffle who married an Elizabeth Corrick. They had 7 children, William Chapman, Martha M., Casse, a female, Jacob A., John N., and Jane. Let me know if any of these ring a bell.

WV Riffle's

mary riffle (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2000 6:24PM GMT
I don't recognize any of those names, unfortunately because of parents divorce, I have so little to go on, no dates and all. But I can tell you my fathers name was Clark Riffle. I know that my father had a sister by the Name of Ruth Riffle Cirripompa, who lived in Wheeling, WV and a brother by the name of Harry Riffle, who's wife's name was Mary, they moved from WV to Detroit, Michigan. I believe that my dad's fathers name was Clyde and believe that his mothers name was Marie. My Dad's mom died and my grandfather remarried and they had I believe 7 more children. I know there was a Tom Riffle. Clark Riffle married Helen McMasters from I believe Ohio but they later divorced and he then married Lorriane Lewis from Ohio. I hope this helps and it will help both of us...By the way Harry Riffle had two sons, Barry and Greg.

Clark Riffle, Richard Riffle, Thomas Riffle, Margaret Riffle, Harry Riffle, Ruth Riffle

mary riffle (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2000 6:26PM GMT
Sorry, I forgot to also list Margaret Riffle.

WV Riffles

Posted: 23 Dec 2000 7:56AM GMT
Mary,
Sorry I can't help you -- none of the names you mentioned are in my file.
Dick

Shirley Louise Riffle - Ohio

Mandy (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2001 1:11PM GMT
I saw your posting and was wondering in Clark Riffle have a daughter with either of his wives, Helen McMasters or Lorraine Lewis. The daughter's name would be Shirley Louise Riffle, born in Ohio. I would appreciate if you would let me know. Thank you, Mandy

Clark Riffle/Helen McMaster/Lorraine Lewis

Riffle (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2001 7:22AM GMT
Yes Clark Riffle did have 2 daughters with his first wife, Helen McMaster, they are Carol Ann Riffle, and Mary Alice Riffle. He and Helen where divorced and he then married Lorraine Lewis, of which this marriage had no off spring. He moved to Ohio, first to Canton Ohio then to Youngstown Ohio where he worked for NBC till he retired and then he and his second wife moved to Albuqueque, New Mexico where he died in 1/06/1988. His second Wife Lorraine Lewis, then remarried and is still alive and living in New Mexico. His first wife, Helen McMaster had remarried a couple times after their divorce, she married a man named Schlinger(spelling is wrong) then they divorced and she married a man named Ed Ryan, they then moved to Las Vegas, where she died I believe in 1988. She had 2 more sons with her second husband. Is this of help? Sorry, but Clark Riffle never had a daughter by the name of Shirley.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions