Search for content in message boards

Whitakers of Enfield,NC

Whitakers of Enfield,NC

Steve Reece (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 1999 11:01AM GMT
Searching for any information on this family form Enfield
NC that had a platation in pre-civil war days.
When the family freed the slaves the slaves moved about 10 miles south
(some or all of them did) and their community became named
Whitakers NC because the slaves took on the name of the
family they were endentured to.This is my paternal grandmothers side
of the family and I also know that one of these Whitakers eventually baptized
Pocohontas in the Potomac many years prior at Jamestown,Va.

Whitakers of Enfield, Halifax County, North Carolina

Posted: 9 Jan 2000 12:42PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jul 2003 1:09AM GMT
Steve,
I sincerely hope that we can be of help to each. My Great-Great Grandparents(David abd Patty Whitaker were from Enfield, NC and the name whitaker was the slave master. David and Patty had 12 children, Dempsey, Granville, John Henry, Penelope, Fanny, Roberta, Marietta, Whitley, Charles, Luke, another boy and girl we are still searching for their names. We are having our 5th Family Reunion in Jacksonville, FL on 4-6 August 2000. Sincerely hope I have helped you.

Whitaker name

Louryne Spaulding (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2000 11:43AM GMT
I have more information but need an e-mail to send it to.

Whitaker Name

Posted: 11 Jan 2000 6:21PM GMT
Reply to Msg #161. The email address is:
lspaul9669@aol.com

Whitaker

steve reece (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 2000 2:10PM GMT
Louryne,

See msg #162 as I did a cut and paste instead of trying to email.

SReece

Whitaker name

Posted: 12 Jan 2000 7:13PM GMT
Steve,
I sent you an e-mail but it was returned with an error. I used the e-mail address that was given. I would like to receive all and any information you have pertaining to the Whitakers from Enfield, NC. Birth/death records, anything. I am desperate.

Whitakers from Enfield, NC

Whitakers from Enfield, NC (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2000 5:37PM GMT
I am also a descendant of the Whitaker family. My grandmother and some other family members are in the DAR and have done a lot of research on the family history. Though most of the information is either in my Grandmothers head and not written down yet or documented on DAR paperwork which is not easy for the family to transcribe, she is working diligently to write it out in a way that the family can understand. Once she does this, I am going to publish it. In the meantime, I am trying to gather information for our family web page on myfamily.com. Any information that you have would be helpful and I will share information in return. I do know that my distant relative, Rev. John Whitaker baptized Pocahontis. I have a picture of the painting that is in the rotunda of the Capitol Building. My family is from Rocky Mount, NC. Some of my family attends the Whitaker Chapel Family Reunion each year in Enfield, NC. As a matter of fact, it is coming up on June 11th. I will be going this year for the first time. Please e-mail me at Lwiddle1@aol.com with any information you have. I look forward to hearing from you.

Robert Whitaker 1638-1718

Posted: 11 Sep 2000 5:26PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 8:27PM GMT
I have a book that my cousin, Bill Whitaker
wrote several years ago that contains info
you are looking for. I too am of the Whitaker
family, my grandfather was Dock Whitaker, his
father was Isaac Whitaker from N.C. decended
from Robert Whitaker b. 1638 in England.
If you are interested, please e-mail me.
Linda

Whitakers of Enfield, Halifax Co

Posted: 13 Sep 2000 9:38PM GMT
My grandparents David and Patty Whitakers were slave of the whitakers in Enfield, Halifax Co. Please send me any information you have that may be beneficial for me to began a search for my grandparents.

Re: Whitakers of Enfield, Halifax County, North Carolina

Posted: 29 Jan 2009 7:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Whitaker, Whittaker
Louryne-I'm from this Whitaker line too & would be happy to share info. What was the full name of the Whitaker master, do you know? I have Whitaker's that moved to Sarasota, FL, Jacksonville and other areas from NC, SC and GA. I'm curious to know if your family moved from NC to FL as well?

I look forward to your reply!
lori
per page

Find a board about a specific topic