Search for content in message boards

Tennessee African American Griots- TN Black Genealogy website

Tennessee African American Griots- TN Black Genealogy website

Amy (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2006 3:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello. My name is Amy. I am the State Coordinator for Tennessee African American Griots. My site is a USGenWeb sponsored site and is dedicated to the preservation of Tennessee African American Genealogy and history.

TNAAG provides: Wills, Marriage records, Family Histories, Black Indian Ancestry, and other valuable information.

If you have not been to my site, please visit it. It may help you in your search. In addition, I research TN Black Genealogy for FREE. I do not even charge for copies. I do have a small and brief waiting list. If I can help anyone, let me know. I specialize in Franklin, Maury and Williamson Counties.

Tennessee African American Griots website:
http://rootsweb.com/~tnafamer/

Re: Tennessee African American Griots- TN Black Genealogy website

Posted: 11 Feb 2007 5:07AM GMT
"Hi Amy,
My name is Ruby Gaston. I am researching my family history. My Great-Grandparents names were Presley and Charlotte Campbell, born around 1828 and 1830 in Decatur Tennessee. I found their names and family members in the 1880 census. I am looking for more information if there is any.

Posted: 11 Feb 2007 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: Price
I am loking for my grandfathers info who was born in tenn in 1886. Charles Richard Price. his mom was from tenn and his dad from mississippi. He married Goldie Barton also born in tenn at around 1880. Her father was from tenn and her mom from ky.

Posted: 27 Feb 2007 1:04AM GMT
Surnames: Coleman & Caruthers
My family search begins in Crockett Co. TN, the family of Harvey and Jane Palmer Coleman. They are my great-great grandparents. Jane was born in N. C. approx. 1836. i have reason to beleive she is related to William Palmer-Henning, TN grandfather of the author Alex Haley.I have a 1860 and 1870 census record for Alamance CO. N. C. showing Jane in the George and Sarah Palmer family. I cannot prove that this family is my grandma Jane. I do know that William Palmer's father was George Palmer and a George is listed as Jane's brother in those census years of 1860 & 1870.

Posted: 15 Mar 2007 10:56PM GMT
Surnames: Perry
Hello Amy! Since you offered I'm going to take you up on the free research. I'm researching the Perry family. My g-g-grandfather (Ramsom or Ramsoum) was born in S.C. around 1833 according to the 1880 census. In 1880 he is listed as head of household in District 10, Tipton County, TN. I can not find him in the 1870 or 1900 census. During my family research I have heard from two family members that he was lynched outside of Memphis. The story says he was involved in the "Back to Africa Movement". I will appreciate any help you can give me about when and where he may have died.

Posted: 14 Mar 2008 5:29AM GMT
Surnames: Haywood, Haygood, Kennedy
I'm searching for my ancestors who resided in Maury Co., Tn. My GG grandparents were Cornelius and Lucy Haywood and David and Cella Kennedy. Both sets of GG grandparents were found on the 1870 census, but were not found on the 1880 census. I would like to know where the families migrated to after 1880; if my GG grandparents were deceased by 1880, I would like to know their dates of death and the whereabouts of other family members who were enumerated on the 1870 census.

Posted: 31 Oct 2008 6:51PM GMT
Looking for information on my ggrandparents. My great grandmother Mary Jane Marshall was born around 1830 in Tenn. According to the story handed down she was the daughter of the slave master James Steele but never worked as a slave. I don't know her maiden name or her mothers name she was married to William (WM) Marshall who was born around 1832. I found their names and family members in the 1880 census. I am looking for more information if there is any.

Posted: 2 Nov 2008 12:06AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Gray Harris
I know you are going to have your hands full with all the personal requests. You are a true angel for taking on these tasks. I want to thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me and all the people you will be helping.

I'm searching for any info on my great grandparents Jeremiah Gray b. 1823 in Virginia and Jane Robinson? or Robertson? b. 1831 in Tennessee. Not sure that is her maiden name. First found on 1870 Federal Census in Sevier County, then on 1880 Federal Census in Blount County. Jane's first 2 children were mulatto - Amos b.1854 and Sarah b.1856. Other children are John b.1860 William Harrison b.1863 Howard b.1865 Melvin b. 1867 Mary b.1869 Franklin b. 1870 Charles A. b.1874 and my grandfather Hayes H. b.1876

Hayes married Julia L. Harris, a mulatto, from Knoxville b.1883 in 1900 before moving to Los Angeles. She is grand daughter of Andrew J. Harris, founder of Harris Chapel Baptist Church in Knoxville, TN

Posted: 30 Jan 2009 12:28AM GMT
I would like for you to help me do some research on Tennessee african american and ended up in Texas. I wounder if you can help me? My e-mail is dennishale5() aol,com. hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Dennis

Posted: 31 Jan 2009 2:57PM GMT
Do you happen to do any research for families from Lauderdale county? If so I have several AA families the main line being-CARSON/BRYN

related families:CLAY,CHERRY NORVELL HALFACRE AND SMITH (pre-1860).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic