Search for content in message boards

Dooley's from Co Galway, Ireland

Dooley's from Co Galway, Ireland

Posted: 14 Oct 2009 6:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dooley, Larkin, Hester, Burke, Concannon
Hi
I am looking for a Dooley connection from Co Galway, Ireland and currently looking to East Galway. Our tree begins with brothers Edward Dooley (whitesmith) and Lawrence Dooley (cattle dealer) b c1790's. Edward's children being Mary and 9 unknown brothers b 1820/30's (immig USA).
Lawrence's children were Patrick, Bridget, Mary, Martin, Thomas, Lawrence Jnr, William and Catherine.
Lawrence and most of his family immigrated to England between 1851 and 1861. Lawrence died in England, but most of his children immigrated to USA.

I thought the whitesmithing trade could be a good clue to any Dooleys out there with connections to the metal trade.

If you think you may have a connection, we would love to hear from you.

Kerryn

Re: Dooley's from Co Galway, Ireland

Posted: 14 Oct 2009 7:10AM GMT
Im searching on where the heck I came from....Born in NewYork in 1970 with Edward Dooley as Dad and Eileen Poppolla as Mother. Was adopted and didnt know much past that. Never knew Edward Dooley till I was 16 and havent seen him in yrs.

Posted: 14 Oct 2009 9:22AM GMT
Sorry I won't be able to help you here. I am searching for Dooley's from back in the early 1800's.

I know there will be some sort of government help available to put you in touch with your biological parents. Try contacting your health professional for advice.

Good luck, I hope it all works out well for you.

Posted: 8 Apr 2010 11:28PM GMT
Surnames: Dooley
Hi, my grandad was a Martin Dooley. He came from Ryhill in Athenry, Tuam, Co.Galway. I don't know much else about him. Does he connect with your research do you think? I have no dates for him, but my father who was his third child born was born in 1924, Thomas Francis Dooley.

Posted: 9 Apr 2010 12:20AM GMT
I suspect our Dooley's do come from Tuam. Do you have marriage partners for your father and grandfather - any other clues? Occupations? Residence? We certainly have a few Martin Dooley's in our tree - but matching up the dates will be difficult.

Email: mferraro@iinet.net.au

Kerryn

Posted: 9 Apr 2010 12:21AM GMT
I suspect our Dooley's do come from Tuam. Do you have marriage partners for your father and grandfather - any other clues? Occupations? Residence? We certainly have a few Martin Dooley's in our tree - but matching up the dates will be difficult.

Email: mferraro@iinet.net.au

Kerryn

Posted: 3 May 2010 4:04PM GMT
I am related to a Patrick and a Lawrence Dooley that lived in England in the early 1860's, but later immigrated to the U.S.A. I am trying to find out about when they arrived in England and from where in Ireland. Lawrence is the father of Patrick and had already died by 1860. Please let me know if you have any more details about Lawrence. He was married to Mary.

Thanks!

Posted: 4 May 2010 1:22AM GMT
Hi
We have a Lawrence Dooley married to Margaret Larkin and family from Co Galway arriving in England between 1851 and 1861. Lawrence seemed to reside in Claylane, Derbyshire and passed away 1877 in England. Children were Patrick, Bridget, Martin, Mary, Thomas, Lawrence jnr, Catherine and William. Bridget remained in Ireland and Mary in England, while the remaining children immigrated at different times to the US. While an old letter written in 1890 indicated that Martin, Thomas, Larry jnr, Catherine and William were residing close by to Mt Carmel in 1890, Patrick was said to be living in the Western states of the US. We have located Martin and William an descendants in PA, but have been unable to find the whereabouts of Patrick and others.

I hope we can find a connection.
Kerryn

Posted: 24 Jan 2012 1:27PM GMT
Matt
Just looking back at these posts...are you sure we don't have a connection. I had responded to your post back in 2010, but if you are like me, you sometimes have a lot going on and can pass this by.

Kerryn

Posted: 29 Apr 2012 7:12AM GMT
Hi
We have a Lawrence Dooley b 1846, Co Galway Ireland (probably from around Mt Bellew). He immigrated to Derbyshire, England between 1851 and 1861, was working as a coal miner and living with his brother William in Rotherham, Yorkshire 1871. I'm not sure who he married or the names of his children.

Any connection?

Kind regards
Kerryn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic