Search for content in message boards

Joseph Potter

Joseph Potter

Cheryl Grinnell (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2001 8:30PM GMT
I am trying to find Joseph's father. Joseph was born on May 7,1759 in Rhode Island. His mother was Alice Waite. She remarried? to Joshua Greene. Joseph's wife was Lois Guernsey. He died Feb. 9, 1835 in Gibson,Pa. and was buried on the Potter homestead. Joseph was in the Rev. War. He arrived in Pa. in 1792 and was made a Captain in the Pa. Milita. We have no info on his dad. Please help. Thanks

Joseph Potter's Father

Posted: 28 Feb 2001 7:09PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 9:06AM GMT
Ancestry World Tree on SAncetry.Com shows that Joseph Potter's Father was Old Potter who was married to Alice Waite. In your searches have you by chance run across a Jacob Potter? He was my great great grandfather. I am searching on information about his father. In your message you mentioned a Potter burial ground. Do you by chance have the names of Potters who aare buried there? If you do, would you please contact me directly at cmmeadows2@aol.com? Thanks Carol

Potter, UK

Posted: 4 Mar 2001 4:16AM GMT
Edited: 25 Oct 2004 4:32PM GMT
I have circa 250yrs of info on Potters in the UK. They were all big families and it is probable that somebody emigrated to the states. They are from Sheffield, UK and Norfolk, UK. Any connections to the UK?

UK

Potter (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2001 9:35AM GMT
I'm related to Potters in KEnt, England. The last one I have is Morris Potter born in 1814 in Dover, KEnt. Is this any help to anyone? Valerie

Re: UK

Jennifer (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2001 10:24PM GMT
HI, I was wondering if your Morris Potter ever immigrated into Ontario, Canada?
email me at mandy25@ciaccess.com

thanks

Re: UK

Nancy Tweedie (View posts)
Posted: 16 Dec 2002 9:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: POTTER, LUCE
I have a Morris POTTER born 1811, married Amelia LUCE before 1837. Lived mostly in Chemung County, New York. Died June 12, 1901, Big Flats, Chemung County, New York
Posted: 2 Feb 2003 11:58PM GMT
Surnames: POTTER PEEL FULLER WASHFORD RANSLEY
Hi
I have a Morris POTTER baptised 11 Feb 1814 in Dover to Thomas and Rose POTTER. Morris was the elder brother of Rosa POTTER who was my greatx3grandmother.
It appears from the 1851 census that Thomas was from Sussex and was a ropemaker.
Would love to hear from you if these details match.
Sarah Washford
swashford@hotmail.com

Morris Potter born Kent England 1814

Posted: 9 Oct 2005 11:17PM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2006 10:28PM GMT
A message was posted in 2001 about the above person.

He is my ggf. I have a fairly good family tree.
Could the poster if they see this please contact me.

Regards

David Constable

Re: Morris Potter born Kent England 1814

Stuart Foulstone (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2005 5:45AM GMT
Thanks for your email.

I have been researching the 'Potters' for some years and although I do not appear to have a Morris Potter, I would be interested in comparing notes.

Regards

Stuart Foulstone

Re: Morris Potter born Kent England 1814

Valerie Le Baron (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2005 3:10PM GMT
I don't think it was me who posted about Morris previously. However, I have a Morris Potter born 1814 in Kent, Dover. He married Elizabeth Ellender 28 July 1833. I am descended from him through his son Edward Stephen Potter. I do not have any information on Morris and would appreciate it if you would share what you have with me. Feel free to contact me directly at vlebaron@shaw.ca.
In gratitude,
Valerie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions