Search for content in message boards

McCanns of Armagh

McCanns of Armagh

Carol Ann Milligan (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McCann, Coleman
I'm looking for information on my greatgrandparents. James McCann, (1842-Aug 14, 1906) and Elizabeth Coleman, (1844-Mar 2, 1899). Both died in Coatbridge, Scotland. They were married In Lurgan, County Armagh, Ireland in July of 1963. Known McCann children were John (1864-?); William (1872-?); James (Jan 1, 1874-?); Mary (Aug 10, 1878-?); Margaret, my grandmother, (Jul 14, 1881-May 25, 1976); and Elizabeth (ca 1887-?). Oral family traditions mention a large McCann farm in Armagh. Any leads will be welcome!

McCann - Fearon family

Posted: 18 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 8:22PM GMT
Surnames: McCann, Fearon, Perrin, Rice
Hi Carol,
If you come across any connections with your McCanns and the last name Fearon (or O'Fearon/Feron/and many more) could you let me know. I am deadended on the family of my grandfather, Francis Fearon. His parents were from County Armagh, Patrick Fearon and Ann McCann. Francis was born in Scotland in the 1870's but the family lived in Ireland. Supposedly they were visiting family in Scotland when he was born. Thanks
Irene Fearon Bailey

DOCHERTY - MCCANN Connection?

jd (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: DOCHERTY, MCCANN, MCKERRACHER, CAIRNS, RICE
Descendants of: Edward DOCHERTY

1 Edward DOCHERTY b. _____ d. bef 1876
m. Nov 1844 Old Kilpatrick, Dunbarton, SCT Susan MCCANN d. bef 1876

2 William DOCHERTY b. cir 1852 Glasgow, SCT

m. 30 Dec 1876 St. Joseph R.C. Church, Glasgow, SCT Catherine MCKERRACHER b. cir 1853 IRL

3 Edward DOCHERTY b. cir 1877 Glasgow, SCT

3 William DOCHERTY b. cir 1880 Glasgow, SCT

3 John DOCHERTY b. cir 1895 Waterloo, SCT d. cir 1939

m. 17 Jul 1919 Craigneuk, SCT Bridget CAIRNS b. cir 1894 Dalziel, SCT d. cir 1983

Bridget RICE
Born cir 1836 IRL
Died bef 1892
Husband: John CAIRNS
1891 - Address is 29 Sunnyside Rows, Wishaw

Re: McCann - Fearon family

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 3:56PM GMT
Have Ancestors of Mary Fearon married to a John McCann,

They relate to my family from Armagh, My great grand parents, Peter McCann and Margaret McCann
Marriage records show both were McCann's.
Also relate to Dorans, Hannaway's . Peter was a Flax grower. Some who came to USA lived in Wisconsin and Minnesota also relate to Patrick McCann married to Anna McKeown.

Ann McCann Meyer

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 4:34PM GMT
Edited: 29 Apr 2013 4:37PM GMT
I have information on a Mary Fearon she married a John or James McCann, Have seen both posted but think it to be John.

If you relate, Will send more information.

Ann McCann Meyer

Posted: 12 May 2013 9:51PM GMT
Surnames: McCann, McHugh
Have you found any reference to a McHugh family? My great-grandfather was Michael McHugh, who I believe was born in Wisconsin, and lived his life in Minnesota. His mother was Anna McCann, and her father was Peter McCann. Anna and Peter are both buried in Minneapolis.

Posted: 13 May 2013 7:50PM GMT
Anne McCann was a sister of my grandfather, She was married to an Ed McHugh, We were not sure that she had a son named Michael,, Her father was Peter, She is buried in our McCann plot in Minneapolis , Minnesota, Have information of other McHugh's living in Wisconsin, Please send me all information on Michael I'm sure it's the same family,
Ann McCann Meyer

Posted: 13 May 2013 7:56PM GMT
I relate to a Mary Fearon who married a McCann, they were from Armagh, Ireland,

Ann McCann Mwywe

Posted: 13 May 2013 7:59PM GMT
Just sent a message, If you received it, please disregard, If not, I do have information,

Ann McCann Meyer

Posted: 16 May 2013 1:37AM GMT
It does sound like the same family. The only information I had was Michael and Anne. I have also been in contact with a Linda McCann. Anne's brother John Charles is her great-grandfather, I believe. She is the one who gave me the information about Peter and their gravesites. I do know for sure that he had a sister Katherine. I think there were other siblings, but I don't know their names. Michael married Emma Youngdahl, and they had six children that I am aware of - Harry, Clarence, Gilbert, Stella, Robert and Helen. Stella was my maternal grandmother. Michael has been a dead end for me, so any information that you have would be helpful.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions