Search for content in message boards

William (1800-?) and Elizabeth (Lane) (1811-?) Brown

William (1800-?) and Elizabeth (Lane) (1811-?) Brown

Posted: 29 Apr 2009 6:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brown, Lane
I am looking for any information on my 2nd great grandparents, William and Elizabeth (Lane) Brown. They moved to Miami County, Ohio sometime after 1860 from Frederick County, Maryland. They were the parents of Elizabeth Brown, Martin Luther Brown, Ignatius Franklin Brown, Mary Ann Brown, Rebecca M. Brown, William Cornelius Brown, (my great grandfather) and Thomas Brown. I am in search of who Elizabeth's parents are and also, where William and Elizabeth Brown are buried. I would love any help that anyone is willing to give me on this search. I thank you in advance for any help. =) I have added a few pictures of the home their son, William Cornelius and his wife, Mary Elln (Mast) Brown lived. Mary Ellen's father was a Fox.
Attachments:

Re: William (1800-?) and Elizabeth (Lane) (1811-?) Brown

Posted: 30 Apr 2009 12:15AM GMT
Surnames: Brown
Did a fast lookup and found I think, them on the 1870 census for Miami Co. OH. You probably already have this?

Looks like their son is working on the adjacent farm, as a laborer.
Also a William BROWN.

Pat
cw
Attachments:

Posted: 30 Apr 2009 12:24AM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Mast
You might also check out similar surnamed family members in same area of Miami Ohio??

David BROWN married a Miss MAST, he died in Miami, OH.

Miss MAST might be related to Mary Ellen.
As well as David BROWN may be related to your William and Elizabeth BROWN. Same area.

Pat
cw
Do a search just with surnames, BROWN and MAST, etc.
see what popps!

Posted: 30 Apr 2009 12:35AM GMT
Surnames: Brown/Lane/Mast
Thank you so much for your research. It is so nice of you to do that for me. I appreciate the people of ancestry.com for that very reason, helping one another. I will definitely go right now and pull up that tree and check on all the items you mentioned. Thank you so much again. This was a help! Sandy

Posted: 30 Apr 2009 12:04PM GMT
I apologize once again.

I was thinking this link came from www.rootsweb.ancestry.com mesage boards.

Meant that you use that site to search for related surnames. I am not sure that Ancestry.com format has the same avenue for searching.

Pat
cw

Posted: 1 May 2009 3:50PM GMT
Wow, Thanks! I didn't even now about that. Maybe it will help me in this search. YOu have been a huge help in this and I thank you so much. =)

Posted: 1 May 2009 4:45PM GMT
Forgot to say that my cousin Barbara and her husband Jerry, back a bit, 2000, went round to all but a couple cemeteries and recorded all the details, in Miami County.
With the Troy Historical and Genealogy Society, there was a book/pamphlet put out listing all the names, dates, etc.

Am sure that the Troy Historical Society must have a copy of it, and or even by now, on the LDS web site, microfilmed etc.

Can check at your nearest LDS Family History Library center, and through inter library loan, can read through it.

Unless you are any where near to Troy, Miami county,Ohio, and can stop in at the society?

Best for you in your search for one of the "Biggies" (toughest) in surname research.

pat
cw

Posted: 1 May 2009 4:54PM GMT
Wow Pat, thanks so much for that information. As a matter of fact, I was born in Troy, Ohio in 1953 and that is where some of the Browns, Foxes, and Masts died. I live now 14 miles from Parkersburg, WV but we go up to Dayton every few months so that information is so very useful to me. You are a saint..lol. Thanks again and again.
Sandy

Posted: 9 Oct 2009 1:20PM GMT
I see you are searching for Brown/Mast connections. Have you by any chance come across a David Brown b. abt 1819,Berks or Carbon,PA d. possibly Miami Co. 1857 a horse accident. His wife Catherine Mast b. 1813 PA. d. Wells Co., IN. Family found in 1850 censue Tupelhocken, PA. Catherine and 5 sons (Solomon,Jonathan, David F., Jacob, Philip) in 1860 Wells Co. IN census. Catherine had a brother Abraham who settled in Wells Co. IN. Do not know who David's parents were or any siblings.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions