Search for content in message boards

Jonathan Bird/ Republic of Texas

Jonathan Bird/ Republic of Texas

Posted: 1 Nov 2002 6:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for a proof positive that my 3xgreat grandmother, Rachel B. Bird Earnest is the daughter of Jonathan Bird, who fought for the Republic of Texas and founded Fort Bird outside of Arlington,Texas... He left his family in Alabama to fight for Texas...I just need a source that I can turn into the Daughters of the Republic of Texas to become a member....any help would be greatly appreciated....Gay

Re: Jonathan Bird/ Republic of Texas

Donna (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2003 8:25PM GMT
Surnames: Bird
Is your 3x great grandmother Rachel the daughter of Jonathan and Margaret Brandon Bird of Marion Alabama? I had read about the Jonathan Bird at Fort Bird in Texas, only I hadn't realized there was a connection to Alabama. I am trying to find info that Jonathan and Margaret were also the parents of:
Coleman H. Bird b. 1808 NC
Blackmon H. Bird b. 1814 AL
Josiah Kinian Bird b. 1818? AL
The dates all fit, including when Jonathan moved to TN.
Are you able to help me?

Gay Trammel-Witt (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2003 10:02PM GMT
Hi,
My 3x Great-Grandmother was indeed Rachel Bird, daughter of Jonathan and MArgaret Brandon Bird... The only sibling I know of is Melinda Bird Truelove....But Rachel and William F. Earnest names one of their sons Coleman... I'll see what I can find...Gay

Posted: 25 Aug 2003 11:27PM GMT
Surnames: Bird
Gay,
That is wonderful news. That means I'm even closer. I have found many of the names over again among the brothers' children. Rachel, Margaret, Melinda. Also, since Margaret Brandon's father was Josiah Brandon, I am thinking that Josiah Kinian may have been named for him, as was Rachel B. after Margaret Brandon's mother, Rachel Brown. I am looking forward to hearing from you again.
Thanks so much,
Donna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions