Search for content in message boards

Ann Weekley

Ann Weekley

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 5:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Weekley
I'm trying to find more information on the family of Ann Weekley, born in 1806 Somerset, England before her transportation to Sydney, Australia.

If anyone has any information on her, her background, or especially the names of her parents or the rest of her family, please email me.

georgiabathis@hotmail.com

Re: Ann Weekley

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 11:32PM GMT
Do you have any other information on Ann Weekly that may tell us where in Somerset she may have come from ? There were more than 600 parishes in Somerset at that time.

Posted: 23 Mar 2011 12:00AM GMT
I think she was born in Bath.

Posted: 23 Mar 2011 12:00AM GMT
You may already know this, but Ann Weekley was sentenced to transportation for life in 1828 for 'Larceny from Person'. This information is available free of charge from this site, but the image is attached, in case you haven't found it.

Unfortunately, the record only shows that she was tried in Somerset, which doesn't get us any nearer finding where she lived at the time.
Attachments:

Posted: 23 Mar 2011 12:19AM GMT
Bath certainly narrows down the search. I'll look to see what I can find for you.

Meanwhile, some more info that you may not have seen: See http://www.convictrecords.com.au/convicts/weekley/ann/108534

Posted: 23 Mar 2011 1:14AM GMT
I have checked the Bath parish registers but can find no record of Ann Weekley yet - but I have found an Ann Weakly, daughter of George and Ann Weakly baptised in 1805 at Melksham, Wiltshire, which is very close to Bath. This could very likely be her ?

Posted: 23 Mar 2011 2:37AM GMT
That is very likely to be her since I was going off her estimated age of 22 when she was transported in 1828.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic