I am trying to find the cortrect father, mother, BD, birth place and any other information:
Regarding my GGGGGGGF John Partridge:
b abt 1620 in Eng
m Magdalene Bullard (b abt 18 Oct 1635 in Eng; d 15 Dec 1655, Medfield, Norfolk, Mass, US)
d 28 May 1706, Medfield, Norfolk, MASS Bay Colony, US
John Partridge left Eng abt 1650, accompanied by:
b abt 1622, Eng
m 23 Nov 1654, Medfield, Mass, US to Sarah Pierce & 19 Nov 1656 to Sarah Colburn
d 1692, Medfield, Mass, US
Margaret (Margery) Partridge
b abt 1625-28 Eng
m 1653 to Thomas Mason, later to Stacy
d 1695, Medfield, Mass, US
John, William and Margaret are presumed to be brothers and sister.
The exact port from which they sailed or arrived is unknown.
Prior to the sailing. however, history had them as residing in:
1) Bethnal Greene, Middlesex, Eng (Partridgenest.com) as well as possibly :
2) Northhamptonshire and/or
3) Navistock Eng
They could have arrived in ports of Boston, Salisbury or Lynn, Mass, US; Hartford, Conn, US, etc.
â€œThough their exact arrival date and port cannot be found, there is in the archives of Conneticut (sic US) a will of Adam Beebe who died aboard an unnamed ship (sic possibly the Speedwell) to America. This will, evidently written while sailing, has the signatures of William and John Partridge as witnesses. These signatures match those found in the record's of Medfield, Mass, US.â€œ -- Partridgenest.com
Various fathers for John Partridge (above) have been suggested on the Partridgenest.com, LDS, and Ancestry.com -- OneWorldTree.
The most likely so far seems to be the John Partridge listed as:
b 1590, St. Martin, Barnham, Suffolk, Eng or
b 1594 or 1600 in St. Martins Ludgat, London, London, Eng
m Jane Hogg and Francis Partridgewife: various dates
d 1647 or 1652 in Essex, Eng
Other listings as John Partridges possible father include:
1) Captain John Partridge (apparently ruled out by research listed on Partridgenest),
2) John Green Partridge,
3) Sr. Partridge John and
4) John I Partridge,
All of whom are listed as married to Jane Hogg.
Can anyone explain this data, as well as the fact that all the possible John Partridge fathers are listed as descended from Bartholomew Green Partridge and Pernell (or Parnell) Green?
Thank you so much,
Dr. Bob Partridge email@example.com
Other facts about John, William and Margaret (Margery) Partridge:
1) On "ye 1 Mo. 1652," John shared with others in the division of 500 acres of land (Dedham (sic Mass, US) Town Rec.'s, vol .iii., p. 211).
2) Johnâ€™s place was near his brother William and Thomas Mason, later husband of Margery Partridge
3) William received land in the spring of 1651in Medfield, Mass, US, where he was granted six acres for a house-lot on North Street (otherwise known as Bachelor's Row).