Search for content in message boards

Dixon Creek Baptist Church /Smith Co., Tn./1809-1811

Dixon Creek Baptist Church /Smith Co., Tn./1809-1811

Posted: 17 Sep 2006 12:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parrish- Norris
The following Parrishes were on the membership roll of the DIXON CREEK BAPTIST CHURCH in SMITH CO.,TN....from 1809 to 1811
E. Parrish (Believe this to be Elcanah Parrish from Person co., NC
John Parrish
Sarah Parrish
WYATT Parrish
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anybody know if this Wyatt is the one who died in 1823 and was married to Elinor Norris?...
I know Elcanah/Elcaner moved on to Dickson Co., Tn..the first record of Parrishs there was.in 1814.........but who is the John Parrish?......the name John Parrish stays in Smith co. thru the 1820 & 1830 census....then he disappears......any help appreciated....I think my blank wall Parrish might have been this John.......

Re: Dixon Creek Baptist Church /Smith Co., Tn./1809-1811

Laura Smith (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2006 12:49PM GMT
Surnames: Parrish
Sue,

Yes, this Wyatt went on to Dickson county with Elcanor, Sarah and Hewel. Wyatt married Elinor Norris about 1814 and died in 1823. I believe that John, who stayed in Smith county, was most likely to be Elcanor's brother. In Person County, NC records, Elcanor is associated with John Sr., Abel L., Nathan, and John Parrish Jr.

Laura Smith

Re: Dixon Creek Baptist Church /Smith Co., Tn./1809-1811

sue king (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2006 1:24PM GMT
Surnames: Parrish, Shell, Lee, Morris, Metcalf
Thanks....really need some kids for this John.....comparing all the Parrishes/Parishes in 1820 to 1830 Tennessee,..the one in Smith Co. is the only one not accounted for....and actually there were apparently more then one John Parrish in Smith co......
Do any of Wyatt (born 1814) 's descendants know what his son ,John B.'s middle name was????...He's the one who was with Wyatt as 17 yr. old in 1850...by 1860 he's married to Sarah J. (Metcalf) and is still in Jefferson co. Ill. and has two daughters, Izora J. and Druzilla ...by 1870 he's come down or over to Kentucky and is living among my Parrishes in Calloway & Marshall co., area....he died at age 56 and is buried in our private Parrish Cemetery barely over the line in Calloway co.....that's how I know he belongs to my Parrish family.........by 1870 he had three more daughters, Sonnora, Martha & Sarah....
Cenora Frances Parrish married Robert E. Shell in 1881
Drucilla Parrish married Andy Lee
Izora J. Parrish married George W. Morris , had one son, Brant who died at age 2, then Izora died...
John B. had one (at least) son named Walter L.(or S.) born May 1875......he was still at home in 1900 census with Mom...
Thanks for answering..
Also been looking at Person co., NC tax lists and apparently a John Parrish was the first name there and by himself for several years....so an older John may be Elcanah & Wyatt's father....plus Abel & Nathan...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions